Welcome To This World (updated version)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome To This World (updated version)

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
31-03-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Welcome To This World (updated version)
Thanks for posting this. As the due date gets closer for us, I'm constantly grateful that I've chosen to abandon religion. I'll be able to teach my kids how to appreciate this world for the natural wonder that it is.

I'll be able to teach them that they are in control of their own destiny. They get to decide what priorities are right for them, and I can teach them to be tolerant of those who may think differently than them.

I'm so glad I chose to embrace the truth about the world, and let the evidence that abounds loose the shackles of religiosity, so that I wouldn't be obligated to place those same shackles on my own children.

I'm proud of myself for that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Seth played this at the AA convention in Austin...powerful stuff!
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Wow! Another great TV commercial for why Christian dogma is neither good, useful, moral, nor (last but not least) true. Very sad to think of the billions of innocent kids over the years who have been turned into fear- and guilt-ridden adults by this insanity.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin