Welcome to China.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Welcome to China.
Win a noble prize, get locked up without reason.

Gotta love those Chinese human rights huh?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-06-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: Welcome to China.
Laughat

Want something? Then do something.
14-06-2013, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 08:31 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Quote:But NYU and Mr Chen had discussions beginning last fall that NYU could not support him indefinitely.

Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng to leave NYU

And NYU said that this has nothing to do with the rumor that NYU is planning to open a branch campus in Shanghai.

See? This is what is going to happen when people are no longer instrumentally valuable in the course of "promoting freedom and democracy", because tax-payers' dollars doesn't come to these pockets that easy after all.

I know I have made a huge mistake wasting my time replying to you. So please, please, please ignore this, please?

14-06-2013, 08:36 AM
(14-06-2013 05:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Win a noble prize, get locked up without reason.

I think you are being overly critical, in the piece it talks about his wife and says

"No one has told me the reason for this house arrest ... Possibly in this country being the wife of Liu Xiaobo is a crime," she said...His wife is rarely allowed out and is almost never allowed to receive visitors. She has not been convicted of any crime."

See? She's been allowed to live. What more can you ask for?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-06-2013, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 09:16 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Double click ...

14-06-2013, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 09:24 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(14-06-2013 08:36 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 05:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Win a noble prize, get locked up without reason.

I think you are being overly critical, in the piece it talks about his wife and says

"No one has told me the reason for this house arrest ... Possibly in this country being the wife of Liu Xiaobo is a crime," she said...His wife is rarely allowed out and is almost never allowed to receive visitors. She has not been convicted of any crime."

See? She's been allowed to live. What more can you ask for?

Indeed. What else do you expect from a lame authoritarian country. It is illogical to do that.

BTW completely trusting one's words without any other evidences is really a good way to improve the reasoning skills.

What else could I expect from ... Silly me.

BTW2, you have every right to ignore me. I strongly recommend this. And so will I.

14-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:Liu Xiaobo, a veteran dissident involved in the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests crushed by the Chinese army, was jailed for 11 years in 2009 on subversion charges for organizing a petition urging the overthrow of one-party rule.

Excuse me? Dafuq did I just read?

"Oh you want to petition to allow more than one political party? ahhahahahaha. Don't drop the soap."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-06-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 09:57 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(14-06-2013 09:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
Quote:Liu Xiaobo, a veteran dissident involved in the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests crushed by the Chinese army, was jailed for 11 years in 2009 on subversion charges for organizing a petition urging the overthrow of one-party rule.

Excuse me? Dafuq did I just read?

"Oh you want to petition to allow more than one political party? ahhahahahaha. Don't drop the soap."

Is the petition done in an legal way?

What will happen to me if I use a loudspeaker and call for the overthrown of the Obama administration in the streets of Washington?

Are the police justified to "shoot first, ask questions later" under such circumstances?

And after all what's the logic behind this petition? [1] He trusted that the government would listen to his petition? [2] He trusted that the people would follow his lead? [3] He trusted that by doing so his foreign patron would give him an A+ and give him awards? [4] Any other more logical explanations?

I see no peace for which reason he was awarded the Bomb Prize of Peace.

14-06-2013, 09:56 AM
(14-06-2013 09:50 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 09:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Excuse me? Dafuq did I just read?

Is the petition done in an legal way?

What will happen to me if I use a loudspeaker and call for the overthrown of the Obama administration in the streets of Washington?

Are the police justified to "shoot first, ask questions later" under such circumstances?

And after all what's the logic behind this petition? [1] He trusted that the government would listen to his petition? [2] He trusted that the people would follow his lead? [3] He trusted that by doing so his foreign patron would give him an A+ and raise his wage? [4] Any more logical explanations?

Equating a petition to a call for overthrow is dishonest. This is typical of your approach.
The logic behind the petition is rational thinking. Your government's response was fear-based protection of the status quo. Simple abuse of power that is the trademark of totalitarian governments.

In this democracy, we have the right to petition the government for the redress of grievances. You don't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-06-2013, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 10:16 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(14-06-2013 09:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Equating a petition to a call for overthrow is dishonest. This is typical of your approach.
The logic behind the petition is rational thinking. Your government's response was fear-based protection of the status quo. Simple abuse of power that is the trademark of totalitarian governments.

In this democracy, we have the right to petition the government for the redress of grievances. You don't.

Ah, Chas, still you, hasn't changed.

Fix the surveillance thing first. Mud on your face. Big disgrace.

Please let me have the chance to mimic you for once:

============================================

It is dishonest to avoid the hard questions. It is typical of your approach.

IS THE PETITION DONE IN THE LEGAL WAY?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I CALL FOR THE OVERTHROWN OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IN THE STREETS OF WASHINGTON?

In this democracy, you have the privilege of being shot first, asked questions later. I don't.

============================================

BTW, I wasn't talking to you. Don't treat yourself as welcome, which I have made clear for many times. Yet that's your freedom. Go on.

Petting makes me feeling great.

Tongue