Welcome to Krotz Springs - We are a Speed Trap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Welcome to Krotz Springs - We are a Speed Trap
This is awesome. Good for Louisiana. I'm actually impressed.

A bill will probably get passed that make towns label themselves as speed traps.

Story here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: Welcome to Krotz Springs - We are a Speed Trap
(24-03-2014 01:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is awesome. Good for Louisiana. I'm actually impressed.

A bill will probably get passed that make towns label themselves as speed traps.

Story here.

Yes, its a great idea, but it wont happen. Even if it did, the PoPo will find a way around it. Undecided

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
25-03-2014, 06:41 AM
(24-03-2014 02:05 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 01:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is awesome. Good for Louisiana. I'm actually impressed.

Story here.

Yes, its a great idea, but it wont happen. Even if it did, the PoPo will find a way around it. Undecided

Well, this IS Louisiana we're talking about... who knows with our crooked government.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-03-2014, 07:03 AM
I thought the whole point of a speed *trap* was that people weren't supposed to know ?Blink Isn't that the only way to catch those who consistently speed - to catch them unaware?
BlinkBlink

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-03-2014, 07:18 AM
(25-03-2014 07:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I thought the whole point of a speed *trap* was that people weren't supposed to know ?Blink Isn't that the only way to catch those who consistently speed - to catch them unaware?
BlinkBlink

I think what they're trying to get at, is the areas that are a common known section of road that has unrealisticly low speed limits where the PoPo plant their asses to nail you.

Example, here we have a 2 lane road thats 55mph from one end of the county to the next county, half way down this road is a curve that has a old style (very small) sign that goes to 35mph, no warning, nothing.... coming out of the curve, the speed resumes to 55mph.

In th middle of the curve is where the cops sit and getcha. They know its impossible to slow that fast and that the curve is easily handled at 55mph.

Thats a well known speed trap here, but yet locals that know about it get nailed all the time. The only way to avoid it is to think ahead and start to slow down..... if you know where its at, and remember.

The main problem is that they use this in a very unfair way, as the sign is very old and faded and is also half the size of a normal size sign.

Good ol' boy money maker in the south. Confused

25-03-2014, 07:28 AM
(25-03-2014 07:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 07:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I thought the whole point of a speed *trap* was that people weren't supposed to know ?Blink Isn't that the only way to catch those who consistently speed - to catch them unaware?
BlinkBlink

I think what they're trying to get at, is the areas that are a common known section of road that has unrealisticly low speed limits where the PoPo plant their asses to nail you.

Example, here we have a 2 lane road thats 55mph from one end of the county to the next county, half way down this road is a curve that has a old style (very small) sign that goes to 35mph, no warning, nothing.... coming out of the curve, the speed resumes to 55mph.

In th middle of the curve is where the cops sit and getcha. They know its impossible to slow that fast and that the curve is easily handled at 55mph.

Thats a well known speed trap here, but yet locals that know about it get nailed all the time. The only way to avoid it is to think ahead and start to slow down..... if you know where its at, and remember.

The main problem is that they use this in a very unfair way, as the sign is very old and faded and is also half the size of a normal size sign.

We have a couple of those here too. They announced it on the news AND it was in the newspaper. Those areas are clearly marked so if you're not from here you'd have to willfully ignore a speed limit sign. And I think that's rather the point.
Sure it's an inconvenience to have to slow down for an entire 6 miles when you'd rather just plod along and get on with your day - BUT - it's a good way to find people who Never pay attention to speed limits.

Personally -- I drive fast ALL the damn time and I don't get stopped.
But then I'm a witch and my vehicle is clouded by magic so cops just don't SEE me and I don't register on their machines anyway...

So there's that Thumbsup
[Image: 14551_flying-witch-on-broomstick-thumb17450868.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Thats the problem with the one I mentioned, its not clearly marked at all.

In all reality, its very deceptively concealed.

BTW, I love the new avatar, I used to have a huge crush on Elizabeth Montgomery Blush

[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
25-03-2014, 08:09 AM
(25-03-2014 07:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I think what they're trying to get at, is the areas that are a common known section of road that has unrealisticly low speed limits where the PoPo plant their asses to nail you.

In civilized countries that's illegal...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-03-2014, 08:19 AM
(25-03-2014 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  In civilized countries that's illegal...

Yabut, this is America, where only civilians do "illegal" things. Cops, politicians, and the rich dont do illegal things here......... (dripping with sarcasm)