Welcome to 'Merica

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Welcome to 'Merica
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...us-christ/

If you replaced Jesus with Muhammad or Allah Americans would lose their shit over this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Welcome to 'Merica
(05-06-2013 09:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...us-christ/

If you replaced Jesus with Muhammad or Allah Americans would lose their shit over this.

Even atheist americans defend their american religious peeps, hence warmongers like bill maher and sam harris insisting that islam is just so much more violent and radical than christianity.
05-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Man, they have really nice chairs.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
(05-06-2013 10:09 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 09:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...us-christ/

Even atheist americans defend their american religious peeps, hence warmongers like bill maher and sam harris insisting that islam is just so much more violent and radical than christianity.

No, atheists are opposed to all religious bullshit.
Historically, Christianity was violent when it held temporal power. Islam currently does and is repressive and violent.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 10:38 AM
(05-06-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 10:09 AM)I and I Wrote:  Even atheist americans defend their american religious peeps, hence warmongers like bill maher and sam harris insisting that islam is just so much more violent and radical than christianity.

No, atheists are opposed to all religious bullshit.
Historically, Christianity was violent when it held temporal power. Islam currently does and is repressive and violent.

"temporal" power? you are implying they never had physical power over people?

How many countries does Iran have mlitary bases in? thats what I thought, fuckin next.
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM
(05-06-2013 10:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, atheists are opposed to all religious bullshit.

How many countries does Iran have mlitary bases in? thats what I thought, fuckin next.

*yawn*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
(05-06-2013 10:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, atheists are opposed to all religious bullshit.

Temporal power, in this context, means political/legal power. There are many nations that have Islamic governments. Their laws are repressive and violent, religiously based.

The status of women, for instance, is execrable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
(05-06-2013 11:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 10:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  "temporal" power? you are implying they never had physical power over people?

Temporal power, in this context, means political/legal power. There are many nations that have Islamic governments. Their laws are repressive and violent, religiously based.

The status of women, for instance, is execrable.

Dog forbid we have 1 thread discussing something without this ignorant troll bombing it. If he can't be fucked to look up words he doesn't know let him just be stupid.

Back to the topic at hand, this is what happens when the religious have power. Repress, ignore, attack if it doesn't think exactly like you it is bad.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Leave it FloriDUH...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Humanist recognition week? WTF? I dont need a pat on the back,why do they?

I have a feeling they proposed this just to "scare the animals" by tapping on the glass.