Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???
(18-10-2016 11:41 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Someone made a mistake and was overly talkative so I threatened to get them fired. Smile "

Somehow, you don't come off as the better person in this story.

The only mistake was hiring an idiot who pays zero attention to their job.....

I never claimed to be a nice guy -- but when somebody pays me to do a job - I fucking do it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-10-2016, 04:45 PM
(18-10-2016 01:59 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Heard lots of bad about Walmart over the years, sounds worse than Tesco.

The staff in Tesco are st least civil if you speak to them but when they are working customers do not exist, the aisles get blocked with produce trolleys and picking carts, they walk in front of you . . .

My biggest gripe is poor stock control and they move stuff around so oftem. One lady, fifty something I would guess, after spending some time vainly looking for the item she wanted, just threw her basket at the display, shouted, "I hate this fucking place," and walked out.

Been tempted myself.

I had to think Tesco too!!
Like how many times can you "re-structure" and move stuff until you feel dizzy. That is what I feel like in there sometimes. And also how illogical things are sorted and they really hire the dumbest people I feel. At least most in there are really fucking dumb.
They either walk around like they are the only one in there while mumbling to themselves or they stare at you like you are an alien when you ask for cashback or you stand at the self service checkout and you scan your fucking toilet paper when the thing goes red and blocks and the shop clerks takes his merry time to come over. They move so slow, a sloth could work faster.

I get it, the job probably pays really shit. I know that this applies for Walmart and believe me I know too much about Walmart to really like the store (although I do want to go there when I visit the US because reasons).
But even when I am paid shit, I still need to do my job properly, especially when it is a customer facing job. I did many of those shit jobs in my past and although I was unhappy, I would never every make that obvious to the customer. It isn't their fault.
But that is just me being silly here I guess.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
18-10-2016, 05:01 PM
(18-10-2016 03:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The only mistake was hiring an idiot who pays zero attention to their job.....

Person who's clearly been working there for a while forgot one part of a process once = must be incapable of doing job.

I'd say the person's bigger problem was happening to mess up around someone who instantly presumes this is the norm for them and jumps to threats instead of any number of more civil ways to go about the situation.

I get to presume you always do this now, right? You always jump to threatening strangers to resolve your problems? After all....you did it this one time.

Quote:I never claimed to be a nice guy --

Good, cause I never thought you were one.

Quote: but when somebody pays me to do a job - I fucking do it.....

Still equating "Messed up once" with "can't do their job". Still illogical.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
18-10-2016, 06:02 PM
(18-10-2016 01:54 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I have purchased exactly 1 item from Walmart in my life and that was by mistake. It was a temporary outdoor Christmas sales tent that I didn't realize was operated by Walmart until I was leaving the parking lot. I felt so dirty.
Weeping

I've never been in one. Seriously.

In California, we just didn't have them in our area. I think there was one across the bay somewhere but fuck if I knew where.

Here, we have one....somewhere kinda close I guess but Target and Costco are closer and better.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-10-2016, 07:07 PM
When we first moved to this town the Walmart was pretty new. It was bright and shiny and the employees fell all over themselves in an effort to help you out. By the time I stopped shopping there, three or four years ago, it was like a punishment having to go in there to shop...didn't matter the time of day or the number of items you had. It was dirty, the employees were surly, and there was never less than 6 people in each open checkout line...usually with carts filled to over-flowing.

There were few other options without having to drive quite a way from home. The only thing going for Walmart became it's proximity to the house.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-10-2016, 08:55 PM
I don't mind Wally World. I only go there either very late at night or early in the morning. At least I know I'm not getting ripped off ... they do have good prices. Their checkout process sucks, that's true. I also want a lab to check the actual content of some of the over-the-counter meds they sell. I wonder if they are real.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Customer service 101, don't start a controversial conversation that could potentially annoy the customer.
If I can serve women in full burka this bitch can serve a guy wearing a pro-gun hat.

I'm fully with you bro, you shut your fucking mouth and do your fucking job.
I hate seeing bad customer service, it bothers me to no end.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I've only shopped at WM a couple of times, but after my ex- (a dept mgr for them) told me how they treated her and her co-workers regularly, I decided I'd never shop there again.

The cashier in the OP screwed up by opening a political conversation -- that's a bozo no-no.
18-10-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't understand why Walmart doesn't open more self checkout lanes if they're not going to use half of the register lanes anyway. The machine doesn't care about your hat. It cares about your money, and making sure that it pisses out correct change for a cash porpoise.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-10-2016, 03:25 AM
(18-10-2016 04:45 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 01:59 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Heard lots of bad about Walmart over the years, sounds worse than Tesco.

The staff in Tesco are st least civil if you speak to them but when they are working customers do not exist, the aisles get blocked with produce trolleys and picking carts, they walk in front of you . . .

My biggest gripe is poor stock control and they move stuff around so oftem. One lady, fifty something I would guess, after spending some time vainly looking for the item she wanted, just threw her basket at the display, shouted, "I hate this fucking place," and walked out.

Been tempted myself.

I had to think Tesco too!!
Like how many times can you "re-structure" and move stuff until you feel dizzy. That is what I feel like in there sometimes. And also how illogical things are sorted and they really hire the dumbest people I feel. At least most in there are really fucking dumb.
They either walk around like they are the only one in there while mumbling to themselves or they stare at you like you are an alien when you ask for cashback or you stand at the self service checkout and you scan your fucking toilet paper when the thing goes red and blocks and the shop clerks takes his merry time to come over. They move so slow, a sloth could work faster.

I get it, the job probably pays really shit. I know that this applies for Walmart and believe me I know too much about Walmart to really like the store (although I do want to go there when I visit the US because reasons).
But even when I am paid shit, I still need to do my job properly, especially when it is a customer facing job. I did many of those shit jobs in my past and although I was unhappy, I would never every make that obvious to the customer. It isn't their fault.
But that is just me being silly here I guess.
Recent experience in Tesco: I was returning a wireless keyboard that would not work on my Android 4.4 tablet, it said "universal" on the box but needed A5 or above. The junior assistant called the department senior. No problem getting money back.

The junior found another keyboard but, no mouse pad. The senior assistant asked, "What's a mouse pad?".

"A track pad."

"What...?"

Turns out the senior assistant in the electricals and computer dept knows naff-all about what she is selling.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmWeeping

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post