Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???
(18-10-2016 05:01 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 03:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The only mistake was hiring an idiot who pays zero attention to their job.....

Person who's clearly been working there for a while forgot one part of a process once = must be incapable of doing job.

I'd say the person's bigger problem was happening to mess up around someone who instantly presumes this is the norm for them and jumps to threats instead of any number of more civil ways to go about the situation.

I get to presume you always do this now, right? You always jump to threatening strangers to resolve your problems? After all....you did it this one time.

Quote:I never claimed to be a nice guy --

Good, cause I never thought you were one.

Quote: but when somebody pays me to do a job - I fucking do it.....

Still equating "Messed up once" with "can't do their job". Still illogical.

"Messed up once?"

Are you fucking dull or what???

She paid ZERO attention to what the fuck she was doing. She couldn't even remember what she'd done 15 seconds before (entering in cash back) and had to "see the receipt"......

I expect you feel kindred to inept people - so you feel compelled to "help a sister out"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2016, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 02:28 PM by CleverUsername.)
(19-10-2016 05:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Messed up once?"

She paid ZERO attention to what the fuck she was doing. She couldn't even remember what she'd done 15 seconds before (entering in cash back) and had to "see the receipt"......

I expect you feel kindred to inept people - so you feel compelled to "help a sister out"...

The story you told was that they did their job, talked while they did it, and forgot one thing. Yes, that is messing up once. Yes, checking to make sure you don't hand out cash to someone who isn't supposed to get it is generally considered the smart thing to do. Perhaps I'm reading the story wrong. Would you like clarify for me where else they went wrong? I will admit I was unsure if you were trying to imply they stood there instead of getting the manager or if they pressed something to summon them and talked while waiting.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
19-10-2016, 02:46 PM
(19-10-2016 02:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 05:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Messed up once?"

The story you told was that they did their job, talked while they did it, and forgot one thing. Yes, that is messing up once. Yes, checking to make sure you don't hand out cash to someone who isn't supposed to get it is generally considered the smart thing to do. Perhaps I'm reading the story wrong. Would you like clarify for me where else they went wrong? I will admit I was unsure if you were trying to imply they stood there instead of getting the manager or if they pressed something to summon them and talked while waiting.

For me the main point for me was that, thoug she might be annoyed by OLB's hat slogan it is not the check out staff's place to criticise customers. Totally unprofessional - but, pay peanuts and you get . . ?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
19-10-2016, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 03:41 PM by CleverUsername.)
(19-10-2016 02:46 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  For me the main point for me was that, thoug she might be annoyed by OLB's hat slogan it is not the check out staff's place to criticise customers. Totally unprofessional - but, pay peanuts and you get . . ?

I'd give absolutely zero cares about this thread if it was just "Someone didn't like my hat and kept talking about it and I'm angry about it". I just think the whole "So I threatened to get them fired" part crosses a completely unnecessary line. There are a ton of more civil ways to diffuse that situation. Even if you want to argue that what they did did in fact merit firing, there are more civil ways to go about that than "I'm gonna lead them down an unnecessary conversation path and then curse at them!".

19-10-2016, 03:49 PM
(19-10-2016 03:24 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 02:46 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  For me the main point for me was that, thoug she might be annoyed by OLB's hat slogan it is not the check out staff's place to criticise customers. Totally unprofessional - but, pay peanuts and you get . . ?

I'd give absolutely zero cares about this thread if it was just "Someone didn't like my hat and kept talking about it and I'm angry about it". I just think the whole "So I threatened to get them fired" part crosses a completely unnecessary line. There are a ton of more civil ways to diffuse that situation. Even if you want to argue that what they did did in fact merit firing, there are more civil ways to go about that than "I'm gonna lead them down an unnecessary conversation path and then curse at them!".

How long have you been in the work force????

I'm guessing not very damned long.....

If that goofball is still working there the next time I go in - she'd better thank me.....

I reamed her ass a little bit.

Her boss - had he caught her doing this sort of bullshit - would have fired her on the spot.

Ask ANYONE who works or has worked retail.

Rule #1 -- don't piss off customers....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-10-2016, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 11:25 PM by CleverUsername.)
(19-10-2016 03:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How long have you been in the work force????

I'm guessing not very damned long.....

If that goofball is still working there the next time I go in - she'd better thank me.....

I reamed her ass a little bit.

Dude, you got into a confrontation with a Wal-Mart cashier You didn't do anything actually noteworthy. The posturing over something so minor would be laughable even if you had handled it in the the best manner possible.

Quote:Her boss - had he caught her doing this sort of bullshit - would have fired her on the spot.

Ask ANYONE who works or has worked retail.

Rule #1 -- don't piss off customers....

Which justifies you acting in the rudest manner possible because....?

[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
20-10-2016, 06:12 AM
1. "It's so minor" -- and yet you keep commenting.

2. "Rudest manner possible" - you haven't seen fucking ANYTHING yet.....

Keep repeating #1 and you will see #2.

20-10-2016, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 02:50 PM by CleverUsername.)
(20-10-2016 06:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  1. "It's so minor" -- and yet you keep commenting.

If I went to another forum and bragged about how I totally fucked up this other dude on a forum and the next time I see him he'd better thank me for not being worse you'd have an argument. As is I will most definitely never try to make this out as a big deal, most likely never even think about it again once it's over, and it takes like three minutes out of my day.

Quote:2. "Rudest manner possible" - you haven't seen fucking ANYTHING yet.....

Keep repeating #1 and you will see #2.

...Oh no? Laugh out load

20-10-2016, 03:24 PM
[Image: complaining.jpg]

This looks like a good thread for dumping some customer/service propaganda.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Of course, no exceptional customer service goes unpunished. Explains a lot.

[Image: walmart-extended-warranties.jpg]

[Image: walmart-free-samples.jpg]

[Image: walmart-deli-directions-to-albertsons.jpg]

[Image: walmart-good-stuff-in-the-back.jpg]

[Image: walmart-stoner-approved.jpg]

[Image: walmart-some-assembly-required.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post