Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Welcome to Walmart - how may I piss you off???
(19-10-2016 02:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 05:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Messed up once?"

Are you fucking dull or what???

She paid ZERO attention to what the fuck she was doing. She couldn't even remember what she'd done 15 seconds before (entering in cash back) and had to "see the receipt"......

I expect you feel kindred to inept people - so you feel compelled to "help a sister out"...

The story you told was that they did their job, talked while they did it, and forgot one thing. Yes, that is messing up once. Yes, checking to make sure you don't hand out cash to someone who isn't supposed to get it is generally considered the smart thing to do. Perhaps I'm reading the story wrong. Would you like clarify for me where else they went wrong? I will admit I was unsure if you were trying to imply they stood there instead of getting the manager or if they pressed something to summon them and talked while waiting.

To be fair, she messed up twice. Opening a political conversation with a customer is not a good move, in retail -- especially when you open it with criticism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 04:12 PM
(19-10-2016 03:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Her boss - had he caught her doing this sort of bullshit - would have fired her on the spot.

Probably not. Such a mistake doesn't rise to the level of termination offense unless there's a pattern of behavior, and a paper trail documenting it.
20-10-2016, 04:21 PM
(20-10-2016 04:12 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 03:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Her boss - had he caught her doing this sort of bullshit - would have fired her on the spot.

Probably not. Such a mistake doesn't rise to the level of termination offense unless there's a pattern of behavior, and a paper trail documenting it.

Maybe in Texas -- but not in Michigan.

Michigan is a "right to work" state.... In typical Orwellian fashion - when the law was passed years ago - it gave employers pretty wide discretion in firing -- and they don't even need to provide reason.......

The onus of proving "unlawful termination" is on the employee -- and it's a high bar to meet....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.