Well, Here I Am.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Well, Here I Am.
Greetings!

My story is uninteresting other than I am one of the (probably) few here who never had a deconversion. I was never indoctrinated into any religion since my family was decidedly non religious. I reached the age of reason before anyone tried to shove that crap into my head.

I come to you via a Religious Issues forum on a very popular and right leaning gun enthusiast forum. Apparently the Theists finally complained so much that the sub-forum was shut down. But not before some truly entertaining debates. I find myself in need of a place to interact with other Atheists and maybe get into a good argument from time to time.

I must warn you, I am not your typical liberal Atheist. There is a reason I frequent that gun board. I prefer to think for myself and decide my own mind on issues, without caring what the "left" or the "right" party lines say. I guarantee I will disagree with folks here on some issues, but thats ok, no one needs to live in an echo chamber.

Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like El Lobo Solitario's post
31-07-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: Well, Here I Am.
(31-07-2017 08:58 PM)El Lobo Solitario Wrote:  Greetings!

My story is uninteresting other than I am one of the (probably) few here who never had a deconversion. I was never indoctrinated into any religion since my family was decidedly non religious. I reached the age of reason before anyone tried to shove that crap into my head.

I come to you via a Religious Issues forum on a very popular and right leaning gun enthusiast forum. Apparently the Theists finally complained so much that the sub-forum was shut down. But not before some truly entertaining debates. I find myself in need of a place to interact with other Atheists and maybe get into a good argument from time to time.

I must warn you, I am not your typical liberal Atheist. There is a reason I frequent that gun board. I prefer to think for myself and decide my own mind on issues, without caring what the "left" or the "right" party lines say. I guarantee I will disagree with folks here on some issues, but thats ok, no one needs to live in an echo chamber.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! We're a reasonable sampling of gun people, on both sides. Some are rabid against, some are reasonable, some are rabid the other way. Mostly, we're just reasonable unless you're "just fucking stupid". There's a group of people who will give you a slow roasting over an open fire, if you are in that category. I think you'll be just fine, based on this intelligible first post, as long as you are a logical person. Thumbsup

ETA- there are a lot of people here who never got presented the "Kool-Aid". Lucky them!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
31-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Hello! Big Grin
01-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Welcome Smile I'm another "lifer"!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Welcome Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
01-08-2017, 05:35 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
01-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi, and welcome! As Fireball said, we run the gamut of "pro" and "anti" on many issues, including guns. Many of us are lefty-but-pro-gun. I'm not entirely pro-gun, personally- but not entirely "anti" either. I think their appeal is wicked overblown, although they can be absolutely thrilling to shoot occasionally- especially a fun AR-15. I miss doing that with my dad.
01-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Sounds like an interesting combination; I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."