Well, THAT was fun. Twitter war w/ a bunch of republican 'christians'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 06:55 PM
I replied to a tweet today on a NYT article and holy sheeeeeet, the christian crazies came after me.

It was an article about Donald Trump and healthcare/impending shutdown. Some lady (although who really knows on Twitter), said something about how she is praying the hand of GOD continues to lead DT.

I tweeted something about "keep praying to your republican jesus."

Flood gates, I tell ya.....

I was awarded a golden poop blasphemy award, told to enjoy my stay in hell, how I need to bow down to god, hope I don't reproduce, comments about my low follower amount (I purposely stay on the very DL on twitter), etc, etc.

That was a fun hour!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
24-04-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: Well, THAT was fun. Twitter war w/ a bunch of republican 'christians'
Republicans thinking Donald Trump is sent by God, is one of the best cases for Skepticism, ever.
[+] 5 users Like Cosmo's post
24-04-2017, 07:03 PM
(24-04-2017 06:59 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  Republicans thinking Donald Trump is sent by God, is one of the best cases for Skepticism, ever.

Or for a batshit bonkers God. Smile

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Blasphemy? But Republican Jesus and Bible Jesus share so few qualities as to be separate Jesuses...

I hope you replied to every insulting tweet with "bless your heart" in true Christian "eff you" tradition. Yes

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
24-04-2017, 07:08 PM
(24-04-2017 06:55 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I replied to a tweet today on a NYT article and holy sheeeeeet, the christian crazies came after me.

It was an article about Donald Trump and healthcare/impending shutdown. Some lady (although who really knows on Twitter), said something about how she is praying the hand of GOD continues to lead DT.

I was awarded a golden poop blasphemy award, told to enjoy my stay in hell, how I need to bow down to god, hope I don't reproduce, comments about my low follower amount (I purposely stay on the very DL on twitter), etc, etc.

That was a fun hour!

It would be tempting to think that the crazy Christians are getting crazier, but I think they are just getting more vocal. Thinking that YHWH or Jesus is guiding Trump is denying reality. Trump listens to (in order) the voices in his head and Breitbart. No non-existent god influences Hair Furor.
[+] 3 users Like Rachel's post
24-04-2017, 07:09 PM
(24-04-2017 07:08 PM)Rachel Wrote:  It would be tempting to think that the crazy Christians are getting crazier, but I think they are just getting more vocal. Thinking that YHWH or Jesus is guiding Trump is denying reality. Trump listens to (in order) the voices in his head and Breitbart. No non-existent god influences Hair Furor.

OK, borrowing that one. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-04-2017, 07:10 PM
trump is the guest commencement speaker at Liberty University. yup.

I really think evangelical Americans are going full-on batshit crazy at this point. Or like you said, just not disguising it anymore.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
24-04-2017, 07:19 PM
(24-04-2017 06:55 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I replied to a tweet today on a NYT article and holy sheeeeeet, the christian crazies came after me.

That was a fun hour!

Those people are crazy. Don't be surprised if they're still winging on it days or even months from now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Quote:Or for a batshit bonkers God. Smile

I loled.

[Image: 18f0887de96cddb81e351b23fe15fc2e.jpg]