Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 02:54 AM
RE: Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair
(28-03-2014 02:06 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Next the stork theorists will ask for equal time during sexual reproduction lectures, and flat earthers will need time during lectures on the shape of the earth, alchemists during chemistry, and other nonsense.

[Image: teachboththeories1.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey, it is unfair that you don't teach evolution or cosmology in church, where the F is my explanation of cladistics and human evolution in Sunday school?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
28-03-2014, 07:37 PM
(23-03-2014 06:47 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  And so it has begun. Creationists are already bitching that Neil deGrasse Tyson's revival of 'Cosmos' is unfair because it is unbalanced and needs to give equal time to creationism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/22...09234.html
Equal time should only be given for equal subjects. I can't see children's toy building blocks being discussed in an engineering lecture. Now if the subject was "bullshit", well then sure give creationism equal time. Both are soft, stink to high heaven, and are a total waste. Yes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
31-03-2014, 03:55 AM
(23-03-2014 08:16 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  does anyone know a youtube channel where i can watch these episodes?

Not youtube, but try this

http://watchseries.lt/serie/Cosmos:_A_SpaceTime_Odyssey

When you click on an episode, you'll get a list of a links to possible suppliers. Some are slow. If you click on a slow one, dump it and find another one. Sometimes the link will ask you to download something. No way, Jose.

Hope this helps.
31-03-2014, 04:01 AM
I have to say that I am also disapointed of Cosmos.

In Europe on the BBC or arte or 3sat science documentaries are usualy very informative and give you a rich amount of knowlege you previously didn`t have.

This just seems to be a big special effects show. Everything from the past 4 episodes is summerised in maybe one or 2 BBC or 3sat documentaries on the subject, with less grand visuals but more info.

Is it made for kids and southerners?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
31-03-2014, 05:30 AM
(31-03-2014 04:01 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I have to say that I am also disapointed of Cosmos.

In Europe on the BBC or arte or 3sat science documentaries are usualy very informative and give you a rich amount of knowlege you previously didn`t have.

This just seems to be a big special effects show. Everything from the past 4 episodes is summerised in maybe one or 2 BBC or 3sat documentaries on the subject, with less grand visuals but more info.

Baby steps man, baby steps. It's being broadcast on Fox in a country that can't get enough of it's citizen's shit together to get over creationism. We're ready for the ropes course, the majority of Americans are not.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-03-2014, 06:01 AM
(31-03-2014 04:01 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I have to say that I am also disapointed of Cosmos.

I'm with you on this one, I was expecting so much more. Once you get used to watching anything with David Attenborough in it or shows like Planet Earth expectations are much higher.

It certainly seems that the target audience is not us.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-03-2014, 06:05 AM
(28-03-2014 06:01 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Hey, it is unfair that you don't teach evolution or cosmology in church, where the F is my explanation of cladistics and human evolution in Sunday school?

You get an "A" for knowing the word cladistics!
You get an "F" for not writing out the word fuck.

What do you think this place is Sunday school? Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Oh dear, it's hard to know whether to laugh or cry!

Well, when the creotards can publish peer reviewed, scientific papers in respected scientific publications, introduce their discoveries in support of creationism on scientific conferences and in general have their research stand up to the scrutiny of the scientific community at large and found to be sound, a verification process all valid research is subjected to as a requirement, then we'll start listening to them. Untill then they can stomp their little feet as much as they want, their fairy stories belong in the religion class in school, not in science class and not in a science based tv show.

I am curious... People who make a demand like this will generally be met with laughs, not support, from the population at large over there right?
31-03-2014, 12:28 PM

Yes.

People who still believe in Santa, and think anything they don't understand is magic.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes