Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair
TIME magazine quotes NdGT on this in the current issye:

"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say, Let's give equal time to the flat-earthers."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
31-03-2014, 02:42 PM
(31-03-2014 12:25 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  I am curious... People who make a demand like this will generally be met with laughs, not support, from the population at large over there right?

No Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Schools should have lessons in logic...

Once you know how to spot a strawman you'll never be fooled by one again.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
20-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Quote: Danny Faulkner from Answers In Genesis said: I was struck in the first episode where [Tyson] talked about science and how, you know, all ideas are discussed, you know, everything is up for discussion –- it's all on the table -- and I thought to myself, 'No, consideration of special creation is definitely not open for discussion, it would seem.'
(bold emphasis mine)
Amazing! He complains that Tyson is "close-minded" to special creation, but aren't bias and stubborness the qualities that Answers in Genesis requires its members to have (see their statment of faith)?Rolleyes The pot calling the kettle black!

Moreover, their strategy of balanced treatment has lost its power, Danny Faulkner is basically saying:
Quote:why didn't scientists include a magic man in a scientific show?
or more clearly:
Quote:why didn't scientists include an omnipotent, inscrutable, unfalsifiable entity that could explain everything in a show dedicated to giving a rational explanation of the universe? That's unfair!! WeepingWeepingWeeping
[+] 3 users Like Doubter's post
29-04-2014, 03:35 PM
(20-04-2014 06:22 PM)Doubter Wrote:  
Quote: Danny Faulkner from Answers In Genesis said: I was struck in the first episode where [Tyson] talked about science and how, you know, all ideas are discussed, you know, everything is up for discussion –- it's all on the table -- and I thought to myself, 'No, consideration of special creation is definitely not open for discussion, it would seem.'
(bold emphasis mine)
Amazing! He complains that Tyson is "close-minded" to special creation, but aren't bias and stubborness the qualities that Answers in Genesis requires its members to have (see their statment of faith)?Rolleyes The pot calling the kettle black!

Moreover, their strategy of balanced treatment has lost its power, Danny Faulkner is basically saying:
Quote:why didn't scientists include a magic man in a scientific show?
or more clearly:
Quote:why didn't scientists include an omnipotent, inscrutable, unfalsifiable entity that could explain everything in a show dedicated to giving a rational explanation of the universe? That's unfair!! WeepingWeepingWeeping

Keep in mind Ken Ham who is the founder of Answers in Genesis said nothing would change his mind about the existence or nonexistence of god.

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service
01-05-2014, 06:26 AM
(29-04-2014 03:35 PM)Ratatat Wrote:  Keep in mind Ken Ham who is the founder of Answers in Genesis said nothing would change his mind about the existence or nonexistence of god.

Well, yeah. He's open minded because of the Holy Spirit, or something.
01-05-2014, 09:34 AM
[Image: 73ef9e7c1bfc40d52a261cf106783c3ddb192895...0fb97f.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
01-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Edit.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
03-05-2014, 01:51 AM
I am not sure who is more insufferable. Creationists or Westboro.

Out of all Christians, These are the people who need to be stopped more than anyone. They are the Filthiest part of the plague that is riddling our world than anyone else. They have the greatest negative effect on scientific progress than muslims, christians and disease put together.
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I'll be honest and say the series isn't a patch on the original.

The original was way more informative and in depth, with less reliance on effects. Just Carl Sagan sat at a desk talking facts for an hour would probably hold my attention...

Its sort of the same with Brian Cox's documentaries... They're good and entertaining but they only really scratch the surface of the subjects discussed.

Jim Al-Khalili has made some excellent documentaries on chemistry and physics. And Michael Moseley has done some great ones on medicine and human biology.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user