Well, apparently Minecraft is a Chistian game.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Tongue Well, apparently Minecraft is a Chistian game.
I can't even believe what I'm looking at. Could this perhaps be a parody, or are the people who wrote this just "block"-heads. Big Grin

http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/re...craft.html

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Well, apparently Minecraft is a Chistian game.
Quote:At first glance the game doesn't appear overtly Christian, but the more you play the more it become apparent that the goal of its creator (a programmer named Notch) was to teach Biblical wisdom.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
25-08-2013, 10:04 AM
(25-08-2013 09:25 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I can't even believe what I'm looking at. Could this perhaps be a parody, or are the people who wrote this just "block"-heads. Big Grin

http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/re...craft.html

Lol

Quote: In Alpha, the player isn't told what to do or given any back-story, but it is clear to those familiar with the Bible that the game takes place in a world much like it was shortly after the Fall. The land is vast and unspoiled by human settlements, but death has entered the world. During the day you gather resources to build shelters and craft supplies. When night falls, demons appear and try to kill you.

[Image: 402px-Vue_ensemble_village.png]

Guess what folks like everything else creationists claim this is demonstrably false as there are villages in Minecraft (watch any lets play and the first thing they do is try and find a village)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Old news

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ecraft-LOL

Drinking Beverage

25-08-2013, 10:19 AM
(25-08-2013 10:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Old news

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ecraft-LOL

Drinking Beverage

NOOOOOOO! Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
25-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:Many lessons from the Bible are delivered to the player through intuitive immersion: For example, the player learns through trial and error to build his shelter on solid rock instead of falling sand, much as we should build our lives on the rock of Jesus.

Quote:One of the central lessons comes when the player realizes that the most important thing to craft in the game are torches. Demons can spawn anywhere there is darkness, like at night or in caves. Torches keep this from happening, conveying the importance of light in a dark world. This makes the player more receptive to the good news that Jesus is the light.

Quote:The Biblical themes of solidness of rock and righteousness of light are central to Minecraft's gameplay. Even the most Secular of gamers will have these values instilled in them effortlessly without realizing they are learning the Gospel.

[Image: ss-minecraft-multiplayer_missioning.jpg]

I've never read anything more retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
25-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Favorite part. Laughat

Quote: Update (2.10.2012): I have troubling news about Minecraft. The game has been hijacked! Notch, the man who created Minecraft single-handedly and whose vision of a game that teaches the Gospel to the unsaved in a non-threatening manner made it a cross-over hit, has been pushed out of control of Minecraft's development by the people running Mojang, the company he formed with the profits from Minecraft. (Notch wasn't the CEO of Mojang since he just wanted to work on making games. He hired someone to be his boss. Bad idea?)

The game's now under the control of a guy named Jeb Bergensten. Since Jeb was hired last year by Notch to help out with development, he has been adding all sorts of questionable content, like occultic "enchantments" of weapons using the captured souls of demons, and drug labs that let you brew amphetamine-like drinks. Now he's been put in charge of the game and Notch is no longer allowed to work on it.

The last thing that Notch added before he was removed from development was a final goal you had to work toward where you must travel to the End (ie. the End Times) and defeat the Dragon (ie. Satan, see Rev. 12-13). Could this less cryptic Biblical content have been the cause of his removal?

I don't know what's going on at Mojang. Has there been a coup? Is Notch OK? His Twitter account, which is probably under the control of Mojang, is filled with all sorts of strange messages that sound like the fake Notches mentioned above, with Atheist stuff and.. weird math or something. Did anti-Christians realize the threat that Minecraft posed to their hold on the mainstream game industry and seize control to pervert the true meaning of Minecraft?

If anyone can contact Notch, the real Notch, please find out what is going on.. and please pray that he is OK!

25-08-2013, 11:06 AM
This is where you roll your eyes and continue to enjoy your game cause you love it, and don't worry about the stupid christians. Smile
25-08-2013, 12:04 PM
(25-08-2013 11:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  This is where you roll your eyes and continue to enjoy your game cause you love it, and don't worry about the stupid christians. Smile

I was playing it up until now when I checked the comments. I built my house out of sand. Cool

26-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Re: Well, apparently Minecraft is a Chistian game.
Keep an eye out for the big bad wolf......you know what he does to fragile houses...