Well, finally getting it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, finally getting it
I've made an appointment with a tattoo artist to finally get the art piece I've wanted for a long time in celebration of me moving to University (I am getting it done on the 17th of August, my move in is on the 20). I've put down the deposit and I have enough for the perspective price. Its going to me on my chest, so its going to hurt a lot.

Any comments, suggestions, experiences you want to share about your tattoo experience (particularly after-care and healing)? They would be really helpful to me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
13-08-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Well, finally getting it
Don't call the tattoo artist a little bitch before he starts.

[Image: tumblr_ns3w8ruhZS1ua5mg2_og_1280.jpg]

I won't make that mistake again.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
13-08-2016, 04:25 PM
did you get a temp first to see if you actually like the placement?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-08-2016, 04:29 PM
the tats I wanted in my early 20's that I didn't get (but wanted really, really bad) are not the ones I picked out in my late 30's.

My older self has better taste. YMMV.

p.s. green is the hardest color for laser removal.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-08-2016, 04:34 PM
(13-08-2016 04:25 PM)cactus Wrote:  did you get a temp first to see if you actually like the placement?

Yes I did. I understand as well that they might not necessarily be the same, but the placement isn't something I am concerned with, but rather the tattoo itself, which has been one that I've designed and redesigned (just with slight variations) for the better part of two years.

13-08-2016, 04:34 PM
(13-08-2016 04:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  the tats I wanted in my early 20's that I didn't get (but wanted really, really bad) are not the ones I picked out in my late 30's.

My older self has better taste. YMMV.

p.s. green is the hardest color for laser removal.

Thank you for the tip.

13-08-2016, 04:40 PM
(13-08-2016 04:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I've made an appointment with a tattoo artist to finally get the art piece I've wanted for a long time in celebration of me moving to University (I am getting it done on the 17th of August, my move in is on the 20). I've put down the deposit and I have enough for the perspective price. Its going to me on my chest, so its going to hurt a lot.

Any comments, suggestions, experiences you want to share about your tattoo experience (particularly after-care and healing)? They would be really helpful to me.

Your body certainly. I have seen plenty of tattoos I thought were done really well, but always end up thinking what it will look like when they are old and wrinkled. Technology does allow to some degree to fix mistakes and or reverse regret, and that can be even more expensive. Not saying don't do it, but merely something to think about.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Most important tip: if you don't send Losty pics before everyone else, you will regret that for a lifetime Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
13-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Tattoo Goo has always worked well for me but isn't always easy to find. I have ordered some online. Don't use antibiotic ointments and don't use A&D even if the artist recommends it. I have seen A&D cause bubbles and blistering. Another great option is Eucerin lotion which is available at drugstores, Target, Walmart...almost anywhere.

Don't let the shower hit directly on it but let the water flow over your shoulder as you gently clean it with antibacterial soap like Dial in the liquid pump bottle. If you need to cover it to keep it from sticking to your clothes, use Saran Wrap and a couple pieces of first aid tape. Don't completely seal it so it doesn't get soupy.

They will tell you to stay out of pools. You don't want it bleached out with the chlorine.

If you have any questions along the way, you know where to reach me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-08-2016, 10:05 PM
I used Tattoo Goo on both of mine. good stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Tattoo-Goo-Origin...tattoo+goo

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller