Well fuck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Well fuck.
Leli has informed me that sometimes she thinks about bad things that have happened and then she just wants to cry. She says she doesn't know how to stop being sad. My 5 year old. My baby. She just randomly came to me with this. I remember this when I was a kid. Sitting out in the corn field with my dog, telling her about all the sad things I couldn't stop thinking of and crying. Is it now time to take my baby to therapy? Isn't she too young for this?
She the oldest. She's been through a lot of shit in such a short time. I keep hoping that she didn't see too much and that she will never remember, but I've been too afraid to really talk to her about it because she is so small.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Well fuck.
(29-04-2014 09:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Leli has informed me that sometimes she thinks about bad things that have happened and then she just wants to cry. She says she doesn't know how to stop being sad. My 5 year old. My baby. She just randomly came to me with this. I remember this when I was a kid. Sitting out in the corn field with my dog, telling her about all the sad things I couldn't stop thinking of and crying. Is it now time to take my baby to therapy? Isn't she too young for this?
She the oldest. She's been through a lot of shit in such a short time. I keep hoping that she didn't see too much and that she will never remember, but I've been too afraid to really talk to her about it because she is so small.

There are lots of good child psychiatrists. It's not going to be therapy, in fact she'll think it's more like play. You'll learn the coping skills to help her.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-04-2014, 09:37 PM
^^^this

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
29-04-2014, 09:40 PM
It may be time to really focus on what she is not saying as well as what she is saying.

Something is going on and she needs her mom.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 09:40 PM
(29-04-2014 09:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 09:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Leli has informed me that sometimes she thinks about bad things that have happened and then she just wants to cry. She says she doesn't know how to stop being sad. My 5 year old. My baby. She just randomly came to me with this. I remember this when I was a kid. Sitting out in the corn field with my dog, telling her about all the sad things I couldn't stop thinking of and crying. Is it now time to take my baby to therapy? Isn't she too young for this?

There are lots of good child psychiatrists. It's not going to be therapy, in fact she'll think it's more like play. You'll learn the coping skills to help her.

Great advice Momsie. That's exactly what we need I think. I feel so selfish because all I can think if is how sad it makes me feel that I don't know how to help her and that I didn't protect her. Just another thing we have to get through. Just glad to know I have you guys to listen when it feels like too much.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
29-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I say go with your gut on this one. Maybe not therapy as much as going to a child psychologist and seeing if they know what's up and going from there. Stay strong, mama Hug

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
29-04-2014, 09:41 PM
The worst thing you can do right now is endorse these fears. Follow Momsie's advice.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
29-04-2014, 10:01 PM
(29-04-2014 09:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 09:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There are lots of good child psychiatrists. It's not going to be therapy, in fact she'll think it's more like play. You'll learn the coping skills to help her.

Great advice Momsie. That's exactly what we need I think. I feel so selfish because all I can think if is how sad it makes me feel that I don't know how to help her and that I didn't protect her. Just another thing we have to get through. Just glad to know I have you guys to listen when it feels like too much.

That's a normal feeling!

You can try engaging her in an activity, like playing with dolls or playing house or even coloring -- usually when young kids are coloring or some craft project that's simple, they're the easiest to talk to. Let her direct the conversation and pay attention to what she says.

With playing with dolls you can engage in a little role play with her...just again, make it feel fun for her (and you).

Sometimes just spending a little extra time helps more than you realize.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Kids are the best at being resilient, just give her the skills she needs to help herself! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Get a jump on what your daughter is saying to you. Speak with a child psychologist, and get an evaluation on what is bothering her.

Children her age want to please so much that when questioned they usually say what they think the questioner wants to hear. A professional will know how to do this.

A professional evaluation will likely relieve some of your pain also. And from there you can help both your daughter and yourself.

Well fuck, I'm with you on this one Heart

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post