Well fuck . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Well fuck . . .
My wife and I recently relocated from California to Georgia for her job and I have had a hell of a time finding work even though I have a B.S. in business administration. I just received an email from a recruiter at Amazon that saw my resume and thought I would be an excellent fit for a position leading one of their customer service teams of 25 - 40 people while undertaking other projects to improve the department. The only problem?

The job is in Winchester, KY! Weeping

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Well fuck . . .
(28-09-2015 08:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  My wife and I recently relocated from California to Georgia for her job and I have had a hell of a time finding work even though I have a B.S. in business administration. I just received an email from a recruiter at Amazon that saw my resume and thought I would be an excellent fit for a position leading one of their customer service teams of 25 - 40 people while undertaking other projects to improve the department. The only problem?

The job is in Winchester, KY! Weeping

Hug
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-09-2015, 08:40 AM
(more random gloating about my two week rotational setup)
I work about 1400 miles from where I live, and it's fucking awesome Tongue Poor 9 to 5ers who need to find work relatively close since you have to show up, like, every week, you have my sympathy Sad

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-09-2015, 08:47 AM
That sucks the job wasn't closer, Octa. It sounds like you are more than qualified for the position. While it would have been great if the location worked for you, it still must feel good that a company like Amazon wanted you on their team! You sound very qualified for a number of positions, I am sure you will find something soon. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Wait! What? Amazon haven't got around to having on-line collaborative teams?

Perhaps we can send them a book on the subject.

Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
28-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Amazon is pretty much everywhere. Do you know if they have similar positions without openings closer to you, and what the chances of a transfer at a later point in time might be if you were to accept the job and then apply for a similar local position later once it opened up? That is, of course, assuming you're willing to live separately for a year or so while waiting on something like that to happen without actually having a guarantee. Shit like that doesn't bother me because if it weren't for the kids I'd already be gone anyway Tongue

'Murican Canadian
28-09-2015, 09:27 AM
(28-09-2015 08:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Amazon is pretty much everywhere. Do you know if they have similar positions without openings closer to you, and what the chances of a transfer at a later point in time might be if you were to accept the job and then apply for a similar local position later once it opened up? That is, of course, assuming you're willing to live separately for a year or so while waiting on something like that to happen without actually having a guarantee. Shit like that doesn't bother me because if it weren't for the kids I'd already be gone anyway Tongue

I have little ones as well and my son is more than my wife can handle by herself. That would be a no go

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
28-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Just tell the you are really interested but need to have the job close to home.

Have you tried finding online work you can do from home?

I hired someone with your qualifications to work online before, with a commitment to travel for a couple weeks a couple times a year. Worked out well. I am sure there are other small businesses looking to contract. Just start digging into all the job sites and such, there is a lot of crap out there but good jobs can be found, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-09-2015, 12:33 PM
I explained my position to the recruiter and she told me they have a virtual form of the same position as well! I have a phone interview tomorrow morning!
Thumbsup

[+] 14 users Like Octapulse's post
28-09-2015, 01:01 PM
[Image: giphy.gif]

'Murican Canadian