Well fuck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Well fuck.
Feeling bad is ok, work through the thoughts and come to terms with it. Talking about it clears the pipes .

Feeling bad about feeling bad is depression. Make sure thats not happening.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
30-04-2014, 05:55 AM
RE: Well fuck.
(30-04-2014 12:53 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Feeling bad is ok, work through the thoughts and come to terms with it. Talking about it clears the pipes .

Feeling bad about feeling bad is depression. Make sure thats not happening.

We had a period of some serious stress when my oldest was 6. One of my best friends from college is a psychiatrist, I talked at length and in detail with her about the situation, as well as seeking help from a local psychologist.

the biggest bit of advice I was given, was that if she wants to discuss it, make it open and comfortable to discuss. The long lasting issues occur when there is no outlet because the feelings, fears, ideas don't ever get expressed. When we work thru it, talk it out, make it not a secret or a topic to be avoided, but make it a comfortable topic to discuss, then it loses the destructive power it had in our lives. The damage comes when we have these fears, issues to work thru and no way to process it. So it sits and festers and creates other problems for us.

You need to have your emotions in check for your daughter, and if that is difficult then help of a professional can really help in that area, as well as providing coping tips for both of you. That is not to say that you shouldn't express your emotions, but she might not express all she has to if she feels it will only make mom more upset.

Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post