Well, it's still a good run, everybody

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Well, it's still a good run, everybody
(06-01-2013 06:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 06:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I figured with so many threads regarding the ratz leaving the ship, I would also announce that I shall be staying.

So, hello everybody.

Does anyone have some cheese?

Damn, now I need to work on Plan B. Drinking Beverage
You're pregnant again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
(06-01-2013 08:43 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 06:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Damn, now I need to work on Plan B. Drinking Beverage
You're pregnant again?
Not that Plan B. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-01-2013, 09:09 AM
As long as it's not Plan 9 from outer space. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-01-2013, 09:16 AM
(06-01-2013 09:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As long as it's not Plan 9 from outer space. Drinking Beverage
In light of... well, everything, I'm much more scared it might be Session 9 in your case...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarder├▓."
06-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Yep, y'all are stuck with me for awhile....

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
06-01-2013, 11:22 AM
(06-01-2013 07:46 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 07:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's good to hear. I think EVERYONE is just totally over-reacting.

This is a message board, a place to hang out and learn and have fun. We're like a family. You don't leave a family because people can't agree whether to eat at 6 or at 7 pm. You eat at 6:30.

Just saying.
Drawing from Dom's analogy...

A stranger walks into a house with a family. The stranger starts harassing one of the family members. Other family members tried to stop the stranger, but the stranger does not. One of the family members shot the stranger in response. Now, some disagreed with the shooting, while some were for it.

Let's not let differing opinions due to actions taken on one prickly stranger break us apart. The stranger has done enough damage. It's awesome to see a response from the higher ups with regards to how things work Smile

Now chill and watch some LOLcats or something.

Ooooooh!

Interesting analogy.

Try this one...

A stranger walks into a debating chamber. The stranger starts heckling one of the speakers. Other debaters tried to silence the stranger, but the stranger does not stop. One of the chamber's security staff shot the stranger in response. Now, some disagreed with the shooting, while some were for it.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 11:59 AM by GirlyMan.)
(06-01-2013 06:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I figured with so many threads regarding the ratz leaving the ship, I would also announce that I shall be staying.

Where's Girly gonna go? Back to the old man hypogonadal forum I came from where the topic du jour was always whether or not to take a breast cancer drug called Arimidex to control our estrogen along with our testosterone supplements? Yeah, that's fucking exciting. Think I'd rather talk to a Hellbound Preacher who was not only delusional for decades, but also made a living unwittingly selling that delusion to others. Now that's an interesting story. And do I even need to mention the Prophet of the Gwynnies? That motherfucker is probably one of the most interesting cats I've ever encountered.

Girly's got too much emotional investment in this forum and its members to ever leave. But Girly, you might argue, these are all just virtual personalities you've never even met, how can you be so invested? Girly still remembers spending a semester some 3 decades ago now refuting Cogito Ergo Sum, they're all just virtual personalities whether I've met them in the flesh or not.

But I do share Stark's vision for this place, and regardless of whether or not he is willing or capable to enforce that vision, I will continue to fight for it. This rule has to go:

"3) No Threats
We show ZERO TOLERANCE towards threats and threatening behavior aimed at ANY of our members. This behavior will result in your account being banned and depending on the nature of the threats your details being passed to law enforcement. Bullying and harassment fall under this category and will be dealt with on a case by case basis."

This makes no sense, a threat from one anonymous virtual personality to another has no credibility. This rule's only purpose is as a catch-all to ban individuals when there is no other reason (Red Celt, e.g.). And it limits the forum's defenses against dickheads. When a dickhead becomes apparent I should be able to verbally assault the prick to the full extent of the English language.

(06-01-2013 11:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A stranger walks into a debating chamber. The stranger starts heckling one of the speakers. Other debaters tried to silence the stranger, but the stranger does not stop. One of the chamber's security staff shot the stranger in response. Now, some disagreed with the shooting, while some were for it.
The stranger probably could've been muffled without being shot. ... I mean if you had capable mufflers and whatnot.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Thread crapper. Go start your own ranting thread. This is my I'm happy I'm staying thread. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
06-01-2013, 12:01 PM
(06-01-2013 11:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Where's Girly gonna go? Back to the old man hypogonadal forum I came from where the topic du jour was always whether or not to take a breast cancer drug called Arimidex to control our estrogen along with our testosterone supplements? Yeah, that's fucking exciting. Think I'd rather talk to a Hellbound Preacher who was not only delusional for decades, but also made a living unwittingly selling that delusion to others. Now that's an interesting story. And do I even need to mention the Prophet of the Gwynnies? That motherfucker is probably one of the most interesting cats I've ever encountered.

Girly's got too much emotional investment in this forum and its members to ever leave. But Girly, you might argue, these are all just virtual personalities you've never even met, how can you be so invested? Girly still remembers spending a semester some 3 decades ago now refuting Cogito Ergo Sum, they're all just virtual personalities whether I've met them in the flesh or not.

But I do share Stark's vision for this place, and regardless of whether or not he is willing or capable to enforce that vision, I will continue to fight for it. This rule has to go:

"3) No Threats
We show ZERO TOLERANCE towards threats and threatening behavior aimed at ANY of our members. This behavior will result in your account being banned and depending on the nature of the threats your details being passed to law enforcement. Bullying and harassment fall under this category and will be dealt with on a case by case basis."

This makes no sense, a threat from one anonymous virtual personality to another has no credibility. This rule's only purpose is as a catch-all to ban individuals when there is no other reason (Red Celt, e.g.). And it limits the forum's defenses against dickheads. When a dickhead becomes apparent I should be able to verbally assault the prick to the full extent of the English language.

(06-01-2013 11:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A stranger walks into a debating chamber. The stranger starts heckling one of the speakers. Other debaters tried to silence the stranger, but the stranger does not stop. One of the chamber's security staff shot the stranger in response. Now, some disagreed with the shooting, while some were for it.
The stranger probably could've been muffled without being shot. ... I mean if you had capable mufflers and whatnot.
Rule 3 should be replaced with Rule 303.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-01-2013, 12:02 PM
(06-01-2013 12:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 11:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Where's Girly gonna go? Back to the old man hypogonadal forum I came from where the topic du jour was always whether or not to take a breast cancer drug called Arimidex to control our estrogen along with our testosterone supplements? Yeah, that's fucking exciting. Think I'd rather talk to a Hellbound Preacher who was not only delusional for decades, but also made a living unwittingly selling that delusion to others. Now that's an interesting story. And do I even need to mention the Prophet of the Gwynnies? That motherfucker is probably one of the most interesting cats I've ever encountered.

"3) No Threats

Rule 3 should be replaced with Rule 303.

I prefer Rule 69.