Well look who's out of prison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 10:02 PM by cactus.)
Well look who's out of prison
I used to listen to Brian Dunning's Skeptoid podcast, but I just couldn't get past his relentlessly smug and dismissive "know-it-all" attitude, and started listening to Skeptic's Guide instead.
Turns out he was busted for gaming an ad revenue system to steal money from eBay (news to me, as I've only kept up with his Youtube channel, and forgot it even existed until he uploaded after a year-long hiatus in prison). Hopefully he's learned his lesson.
Anyway, I'm glad to see he's back to making content, because some (yes "some") of his stuff is pretty good.
Also, he still sounds like a bit of a douche every time he talks, but I won't hold that against him. Laugh out load It's still an entertaining and informative series, IMO, even though he sometimes lets his own biases show a bit too much.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
29-08-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Well look who's out of prison
I started listening to Skeptoid a few months back. I enjoy the voice work of his fill-in, and until you posted this, had no idea about his legal hurdles. It'll be interesting to see if the podcast undergoes any revisions in the near future.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2015, 11:04 PM
As far as I know, Jews are not teaching that our ancestors built the pyramids. I've only ever heard this from non-Jewish sources.
30-08-2015, 01:31 AM
(29-08-2015 11:04 PM)Aliza Wrote:  As far as I know, Jews are not teaching that our ancestors built the pyramids. I've only ever heard this from non-Jewish sources.
If I were to venture a guess, I'd say it's predominantly mentioned in Christian fundamentalist circles. More times than not, the general public will blend what they think is Judaism with Christianity, when in reality it's their own brand of New Testament gumbo under the banner of "Judeo-Christian".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
30-08-2015, 02:34 AM
(29-08-2015 09:26 PM)cactus Wrote:  I used to listen to Brian Dunning's Skeptoid podcast, but I just couldn't get past his relentlessly smug and dismissive "know-it-all" attitude,

His tone seems to be styled on Kryten...

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post