Well that's odd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Well that's odd
(27-04-2014 04:53 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I was born on the day when the first bombs of the first gulf war fell on Iraq.

Coincidences happen frequently.

I know, i'm mostly just poking fun at those fundamentalist.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 04:58 PM
(27-04-2014 02:55 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So Facebook goes screwy and stops working right the same day two Popes, John Paul II and John XXIII get canonized as Saints. You think the crazies are going to go online and somehow link the two together and come up with some crazy story about how it's a biblical sign of sorts? Maybe there's something in the bible about a book of faces or something.

In a King Arthur book, a character asks this Druid Girl what a Saint is. She replies, "A dead Christian. They should all be saints."
[+] 1 user Likes An_Theist's post
28-04-2014, 08:10 AM
(27-04-2014 04:53 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I was born on the day when the first bombs of the first gulf war fell on Iraq.

Coincidences happen frequently.

Or do they?

Dun dun dun!
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
28-04-2014, 08:25 AM
(27-04-2014 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  ...
Welcome and I don't know any of that stuff wasn't alive then or wasn't into it then but John Paul II sounds like a good pope. Had to look up Purist and Vatican II because i'm not too familiar with terminology lol. I don't like the type of things purist believe in, makes me like Francis less.

I don't know much about it either but as you've been researching it, can you tell me, if we've had 2 x Pope John Pauls, when are we going to get a Pope George Ringo?

In your reply, please don't tell me anything about Vatican II...
or if you do, please put it in [spoilers] because I haven't seen Vatican I yet.

Cheers.

28-04-2014, 09:21 AM
(28-04-2014 08:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
Welcome and I don't know any of that stuff wasn't alive then or wasn't into it then but John Paul II sounds like a good pope. Had to look up Purist and Vatican II because i'm not too familiar with terminology lol. I don't like the type of things purist believe in, makes me like Francis less.

I don't know much about it either but as you've been researching it, can you tell me, if we've had 2 x Pope John Pauls, when are we going to get a Pope George Ringo?

Cheers.

Idk, I think they say in an interview that comes with the Vatican I Blu-Ray edition though i've never seen it personally and Vatican II is not that great in my personal opinion though i'll leave it for you to decide..

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-04-2014, 01:48 PM
(28-04-2014 08:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Cheers.

I'd recommend Vatican I the directors cut. It follows John Paul II on his world tour. I was at his gig in Galway, 1979. It was great, sex, drugs, rock n roll and ...prayer. Later, back on home turf in his popemobile, he gets shot. Vatican I ends with one question....Who shot John Paul II?

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
28-04-2014, 02:00 PM
(27-04-2014 03:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pope John Paul 2 was canonized?

Dang I'm totally out of the loop.

I'm ashamed to admit I always kinda liked him

JP2 was a cool dude.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-04-2014, 02:09 PM
(28-04-2014 02:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 03:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pope John Paul 2 was canonized?

Dang I'm totally out of the loop.

I'm ashamed to admit I always kinda liked him

JP2 was a cool dude.

He had his moments of suck, but yeah, better than what I expect from the papacy.

Francis, so far, is like first-year Obama. He's talking a good talk.