Well, that wasn't what I expected

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I worked today. I kinda sorta maybe almost hate my job. It's a strong dislike.

Anyway, I actually got off time for once. I was invited to a wings restaurant here in Huntsville. At the turn light I got rear ended. It was like a small tap, maybe 5 mph at impact. Not even a scratch on my car. No big deal. We pull off to a parking lot, I see there's nothing wrong. They were out of town and trying to find the restaurant I'm supposed to be meeting my coworkers at.

So now I've been sitting here for over 30 minutes, and I haven't seen my coworkers. I have been bought two beers, my choice, by the dude who hit my car, and my coworkers haven't shown up.

They invited me to come sit with their group.

So what would you do? Sit at the table by yourself and decompress after your shit day? Get your food to go? Or go sit your ass down with a group of people you don't know? I'm pretty sure they're not coming.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 07:21 PM
I'd stay as long as the beer kept coming.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
10-09-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: Well, that wasn't what I expected
(10-09-2016 07:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I worked today. I kinda sorta maybe almost hate my job. It's a strong dislike.

Anyway, I actually got off time for once. I was invited to a wings restaurant here in Huntsville. At the turn light I got rear ended. It was like a small tap, maybe 5 mph at impact. Not even a scratch on my car. No big deal. We pull off to a parking lot, I see there's nothing wrong. They were out of town and trying to find the restaurant I'm supposed to be meeting my coworkers at.

So now I've been sitting here for over 30 minutes, and I haven't seen my coworkers. I have been bought two beers, my choice, by the dude who hit my car, and my coworkers haven't shown up.

They invited me to come sit with their group.

So what would you do? Sit at the table by yourself and decompress after your shit day? Get your food to go? Or go sit your ass down with a group of people you don't know? I'm pretty sure they're not coming.

Go for it--sit with the other group. Lemons into lemonade!
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
10-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Well, now that I'm in tears, I just ordered my food to go. I probably should have went and sat with the other group as soon as it was offered. I just don't think I can be sociable while emotionally compromised.

This has kinda been a shitty day. Shitty week. I gave up my room (largest in the house) for my nephew, and since we're ripping up the carpet and putting down wood in the room I'm moving into, I slept on a flimsy twin mattress on the floor night before last. Last night I went to my grandparents since we didn't get finished so i would have somewhere to sleep. Then the clock chimed every fucking hour. And tonight I'll be going back to my grandparents. Hopefully I can get my bed out of storage tomorrow or my son's new bed will have arrived.

Since my boyfriend wanted to "take a step back" aka string me along... I decided to meet up with the guy that I broke off a first date with for him.

He (new guy) said he still isn't seeing anyone and is still interested. I'm excited. Physically...soooooo my type. On paper he's pretty interesting, too. Much different than the guys I typically date. I meet him tomorrow. Not sure yet what we are doing.

I feel bad for taking up this table and cutting into the waiter's tips

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
10-09-2016, 07:40 PM
(10-09-2016 07:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So what would you do?

Eat their dog and film it. When the conversation regarding them standing you up comes up, show them the film.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-09-2016, 07:49 PM
(10-09-2016 07:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, now that I'm in tears, I just ordered my food to go. I probably should have went and sat with the other group as soon as it was offered. I just don't think I can be sociable while emotionally compromised.

This has kinda been a shitty day. Shitty week. I gave up my room (largest in the house) for my nephew, and since we're ripping up the carpet and putting down wood in the room I'm moving into, I slept on a flimsy twin mattress on the floor night before last. Last night I went to my grandparents since we didn't get finished so i would have somewhere to sleep. Then the clock chimed every fucking hour. And tonight I'll be going back to my grandparents. Hopefully I can get my bed out of storage tomorrow or my son's new bed will have arrived.

Since my boyfriend wanted to "take a step back" aka string me along... I decided to meet up with the guy that I broke off a first date with for him.

He (new guy) said he still isn't seeing anyone and is still interested. I'm excited. Physically...soooooo my type. On paper he's pretty interesting, too. Much different than the guys I typically date. I meet him tomorrow. Not sure yet what we are doing.

I feel bad for taking up this table and cutting into the waiter's tips

Drinks with a bunch of people you don't know, after a light bumper tap? YOU GOT SET UP, GIRL! GET OUT, NOW!!! You are too trusting! Food to go is the safe option. Follow up with a post after you get home. We worry, around here!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
10-09-2016, 08:06 PM
I ordered my food to go. It was "taken care of", so I left a cash tip. I also got beignets on the house for my "friends being douches" while I waited on my food.

Well, I'm going to stop by my house and grab some clothes and some of my fancy tea to enjoy with my grandparents in the morning.

[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
10-09-2016, 08:11 PM
(10-09-2016 07:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 07:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So what would you do?

Eat their dog and film it. When the conversation regarding them standing you up comes up, show them the film.

This made me laugh so damn hard

10-09-2016, 08:28 PM
(10-09-2016 08:06 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I ordered my food to go. It was "taken care of", so I left a cash tip. I also got beignets on the house for my "friends being douches" while I waited on my food.

Well, I'm going to stop by my house and grab some clothes and some of my fancy tea to enjoy with my grandparents in the morning.

Good to see you post! Home safe. Thumbsup
10-09-2016, 08:29 PM
(10-09-2016 07:21 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'd stay as long as the beer kept coming.

There was the issue of driving home. Otherwise I would have let him buy me drinks all night long.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post