Well, this explains everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, this explains everything
I was just spying on an in-law's Facebook page, and see where she "liked" some Christian radio station (K-LOVE - the name had red flag written all over it immediately) so I went to look at their FB page, and saw where they must post some blob from the bible every day, and once recent post explains it all:

‎"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

This is someone raised Catholic who recently moved to a heartland state full of Baptists and the like, and they've welcomed her and her family with open arms, of course.

Right - why try to use your brain, just do what we say! (Which is perfect for this particular sister-in-law - a cult really needs to find her, they'd have such a an easy time... I guess you could say a cult has already found her, LOL.)

Just having a silly chuckle... it doesn't even merit replies, I guess I just needed a safe place to laugh out loud.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JumpinJude's post
06-01-2012, 02:24 AM
RE: Well, this explains everything
Well , if you want to rage , i think there's a shoutbox - maybe we should get a LOLbox going .

But yeah , the "faith over knowledge" argument gets old and annoying. In your place I would have posted a similar quote from any and all holy books I could google.

And disliking in-laws just went to a whole new level.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes gaglamesh731's post
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
(06-01-2012 02:24 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Well , if you want to rage , i think there's a shoutbox - maybe we should get a LOLbox going .

But yeah , the "faith over knowledge" argument gets old and annoying. In your place I would have posted a similar quote from any and all holy books I could google.

And disliking in-laws just went to a whole new level.

Yeah, I don't want to LIKE this radio station's page just to comment. Plus, I rarely comment when I see, hear, or am told crap like that - it's not worth the discussion, IMO, with people who are so blinded by belief. I don't mean all religious people are that blind - some really can see others' perspectives or at least show respect about them - but when it comes to certain folks/groups, you know you're just talking to a blind brick wall. I feel the same way about abortion and politics - I really don't care about changing minds, and I certainly don't give a rat's ass about their opinion, honestly. Mean, I know, but after 42 years on the planet, and having once been very outspoken when it comes to my opinions, I realize it's just not worth my energy and time.

A LOLBox - I like that. More for the silly things than things I want to rage about.
07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Even explains how I got to be a journeyman prophet. Perfected in absurdity by God's sufficient comedy - helped myself to a twisting of the Paul; and when I'm talking about comedy, the dusty ol' fuck can get a capital G outta the deal.

Prophet happens when old shit needs to be made new; it has nothing to do with the future and everything to do with the present. Like this fool without god in the heart, without understanding. Big Grin

What this line says to me is that the heart is responsible for electromagnetic communication of emotional context; critically, love and morality. An hypothesis that, yeah, would explain a fuckload. I'm an atheist, found utility in YHWH; but the time of religion is past. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Those who would choose faith over knowledge are truly lost and cannot be helped by conventional means. I pity these people.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh aye; when we take over the planet with our ideal the masses that cannot depend on knowledge will follow suit...

This doesn't have to be a game of do or die either; you'll find the rules change significantly in your favour when you become the winning side.