Well this is a new one
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Well this is a new one
(16-09-2013 06:13 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  And I actually think she does have a reason--the Bible says Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. She's incredibly religious, but she's learned that arguing religion as an excuse for making anything legal or illegal doesn't work with me (even when she was/is/I-don't-really-know-anymore under the impression that I was Christian).

Also I feel like maybe I've given off the impression that I'm ungrateful towards my mom. I do love her. Always have, always will. But I just don't agree with most of her political and religious beliefs or some of the things she does (like looking through my messages without me knowing).

She has a reason, but it's not her's. It is what her religion tells her to say. I would bet she really hasn't thought about it all that much. Gawd said so, so that's what she does. If you don't buy her "Gawd said so" reasoning I don't think she could come up with a good reason on her own, other than worrying about having to reprint the forms.

If agreeing 100% with someone was required in order to love them, we would all be pretty lonely and unloved. You are her child, not her clone.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Well this is a new one
(16-09-2013 06:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 06:44 AM)southernbelle Wrote:  Her argument was that the taxpayer is always male and the spouse is always female

(16-09-2013 07:24 AM)absols Wrote:  ...
marriage is really about the commitment of two different gender to live truly infront of everyone,

Hey, southernbelle!

Is absols your mother?

My mom is actually literate so no. Thank goodness. If absols were my mom, I'd have moved in with my dad a looooong time ago.

Also, please absols, never breed. It's the best for everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like southernbelle's post