Well this is the biggest thing I am getting into.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Well this is the biggest thing I am getting into.
As a Boy Scout for more than ten years I enjoyed and loved the experiences I had with them. I want to share to the same experiences as well to my future son(s) when I ever have kids. Yet, I can not because that organization bans homosexuals and non-believers in scouting. Until the BSA changes their policy on gays and non-believers. My family will not support the BSA.

There are thousands of atheist scouts now in the closet because they love scouting. Why do they have to do that? They need to be open. This policy hurts boys than what the organization thinks.

I set up an Facebook community page to promote the ideal of Atheist Scouting. Also ex-scouts can show their experiences of scouting. I have some ideas in mind on how to expand it. Like letter campaigns and the like.

I really hope you all support me in this endeavor.

http://www.facebook.com/Atheistscouts

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Doctor's post
07-09-2011, 09:57 PM
RE: Well this is the biggest thing I am getting into.
That's a great idea doctor and I wish you and the rest of your posse well! I would help out but I'm not only Canadian I'm also balls when it comes to knots Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
07-09-2011, 10:29 PM
(07-09-2011 09:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's a great idea doctor and I wish you and the rest of your posse well! I would help out but I'm not only Canadian I'm also balls when it comes to knots Wink

We can accept Canadian allies. Big Grin

I've noticed that the Canadian Scouts has the Duty to God as well. Does the Canadian Scouts ban Atheists and Homosexuals as well?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
22-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Wait.....the scouts ban homosexuals and atheists?....WTF! Since when? And to think I went to an event supporting them. This...this cannot, WILL NOT STAND! Oh the evil things going on in my head right now. "sigh" Very well I shall go on one of my signature sabotage missions again....not phsically but rather I shall destroy their public image around here. The fun begins.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user