Well.....this really persuaded me to be a believer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2014, 01:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152481739639669

I just had to share.

PS. Its not spam. I promise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like riseinside's post
07-06-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: Well.....this really persuaded me to be a believer.
He stuck to the creationist playbook word for word.
This video should have a laugh track. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Funniest video I watched today. Such a wonderful little nugget of information Smile
07-06-2014, 04:52 PM
You mean there's only one law of Thermodynamics now? And it's that chaos can never produce order?

Shit! Someone had better tell the physicists!

And while we're at it, someone tell the dictionary writers to change the spelling to unaverse.

He is so obnoxious and in your face with his stupidity. It's really painful to watch.

I had real trouble remembering which side of the car the steering wheel would be for him having lived in both right and left side drive countries and not currently owning a car. I kept worrying that he was driving and not paying attention to the road.
07-06-2014, 08:56 PM
These people don't believe in evolution because it is only a theory and we cannot see it happen. Nobody has witnessed evolution. Yet you don't see anybody use the same logic on gravity. As hard as I have tried I cannot SEE gravity work its magic. But we hold it as a universal truth. How we know its not just god holding us to this big rock?

And things we cannot see. How about god? Nobody has seen god. There is no evidence outside a book that contradicts itself often yet is still considered the word of god and absolute proof of his existence.
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
07-06-2014, 09:29 PM
[Image: peqyny8u.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
07-06-2014, 09:52 PM
(07-06-2014 08:56 PM)riseinside Wrote:  These people don't believe in evolution because it is only a theory and we cannot see it happen. Nobody has witnessed evolution. Yet you don't see anybody use the same logic on gravity. As hard as I have tried I cannot SEE gravity work its magic. But we hold it as a universal truth. How we know its not just god holding us to this big rock?

And things we cannot see. How about god? Nobody has seen god. There is no evidence outside a book that contradicts itself often yet is still considered the word of god and absolute proof of his existence.

Plus they don't bother to Google search it. We have seen evolution happen, it's demonstrable in labs. But they're looking for Crocoduck, so if a given animal doesn't give birth to a completely different species, "evolution is wrong"

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
08-06-2014, 06:14 AM
I stopped it at "...it's never obs". Dolt. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I was hoping to get answers from this post, but found none. I like the responses that challenged the beliefs of the video, but they didn't provide information in support of evolution. As a non believer, this has been the most formidable argument. This web page explains it very well: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo/probability.html

For example, "it is a fundamental axiom of thermodynamics that when heat flows from subsystem A to subsystem B, the entropy (or chaos) of A decreases and the entropy of B increases" The Second Law of Thermodynamics refers to an isolated system, which we don't live in. I don't have it all figured out. I definitely am excited to read more into it.
22-07-2014, 02:30 PM
(22-07-2014 02:12 PM)brothersun87 Wrote:  I was hoping to get answers from this post, but found none. I like the responses that challenged the beliefs of the video, but they didn't provide information in support of evolution. As a non believer, this has been the most formidable argument. This web page explains it very well: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo/probability.html

For example, "it is a fundamental axiom of thermodynamics that when heat flows from subsystem A to subsystem B, the entropy (or chaos) of A decreases and the entropy of B increases" The Second Law of Thermodynamics refers to an isolated system, which we don't live in. I don't have it all figured out. I definitely am excited to read more into it.

What questions are you looking for answers to? What is a most formidable argument? I like the webpage... but... I still have no idea what you're excited about?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post