Well, this sucks. What should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Well, this sucks. What should I do?
You can always get an implant later... they are getting better and cheaper all the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-07-2014, 06:21 AM
RE: Well, this sucks. What should I do?
(30-07-2014 01:44 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So would you just have it pulled or root Canal? Which is the better option?

Given these prices you've listed:

(30-07-2014 01:44 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If I go the "what if" route, it will be like 92$ out of pocket for me to get a Big Cavity filling with no guarentee that I can get it fixed and. "gulp" Extraction....for $94.00 out of pocket.

...it looks like it'd be $186 to try and salvage it and pull it if it doesn't work. So, assuming the nearly $900 bill is too steep for a root canal, I'd say either try to save it and pull it if it doesn't work, or just go straight to pulling it. A deciding factor on those two could be what the dentist says for how likely he thinks a filling will help. If he says "not very likely", save the $92 and just pull it.

(30-07-2014 01:44 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Mind you, I still have my Wisdom teeth that need pulling and I never had that happen to me before.

I had my wisdom teeth until I was 33. I had them pulled last year. It's a very weird experience, and parts of the recovery are uncomfortable, but it wasn't that bad, all things considered. The IV sedation they used on me was weird as hell, and I vaguely remember a few events. I didn't feel a thing from the procedure. The biggest things you'll have to deal with afterward are frequently changing some very gross gauze, not rinsing your mouth for the first couple of days (despite the constant taste of blood), and being very careful what and how you eat. You'll have a very odd taste in your mouth for a few days, between the gauze, the blood, the stitches, food, and saliva. There was about a two-day annoying period when I switched form Vicodin to over-the-counter pain killers, but nothing severe.

If you get it pulled, do yourself a favor and shop for some soft foods ahead of time. Eating extra milkshakes is fun, but you're going to want some actual food, too. Wink I had a lot of custard yogurt, soup, and mashed potatoes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply