Well... you guys are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Well... you guys are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked
(05-05-2017 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Kiwi's are mostly nice people....

Plus New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.

Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Well... you guys are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked
(05-05-2017 06:16 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Kiwi's are mostly nice people....

Plus New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.

Sleepy

Been there twice, it could get to be a Hobbit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Well muffsy, there is your plan to become rich just set out in front of you...relocation services for American TTA members looking for a new home. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-05-2017, 06:28 PM
(05-05-2017 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:New Zealand and Australia have the appeal of being as far off the beaten bath as possible while still having a decent / familiar standard of living, plus the bonus, for an American, of being English-speaking. But they have their share of crazy people and crazy laws (I noted recently that New Zealand passed a law making it illegal for a teenager to view the TV series 13 Reasons Why unless under adult supervision, a typical authoritarian ploy that is unenforceable for multiple reasons anyway). Not to mention their own significant environmental issues, as witness the spasms of flooding and wildfires in Australia for example.

Son, we did not pass a law requiring teenagers to be supervised when watching that show... we just rated it R18.. it's literally no different to anything else being rated R18, movies, games, tv shows etc.. America does the same thing, most western countries do. At leats when it comes to ratings we're one of the most lenient countries. We also allow a lot of stuff that's banned in other countries, especially in Australia. A perfect example was that South Park episode that was making fun of the Virgin Marry, it was banned in Australia but allowed here. I think it was banned in the US too?
Anyway, point is, don't be stupid of course we didn't pass a law against teenagers watching it. We just gave it a rating like literally every single movie/tv show or video game like how most western countries do...
Also, America has far worse environmental disasters than either of us. You guys have hurricanes, tornados, forest fires of your own, flooding of your own. Fuck, you have snow, we don't. (well.. depends how far south you are). And when you say "yea but not where I live" ding ding ding ding ding, it works like that here too. Just live in the North Island and you wont experience any of that. Except Wellington, you'll get the odd small earthquake, but nothing to be fearful of.

I mean we also have free healthcare and pay the same amount of taxes (but we don't have to pay for healthcare like you guys do), our minimum wage is higher, we have better employment laws protecting employees, we have better health and education, we have the lowest government corruption in the world (after Switzerland??), we have a political system that isn't fucking retarded like America, Kiwi's are mostly nice people, all our food isn't literally injected with fat and sugar, ain't noone gonna nuke us. And much more.

But hey, we rated a show R18...

Now if only the Maori didn't control your potable water supply.

#sigh
05-05-2017, 07:00 PM
(05-05-2017 06:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, we did not pass a law requiring teenagers to be supervised when watching that show... we just rated it R18.. it's literally no different to anything else being rated R18, movies, games, tv shows etc.. America does the same thing, most western countries do. At leats when it comes to ratings we're one of the most lenient countries. We also allow a lot of stuff that's banned in other countries, especially in Australia. A perfect example was that South Park episode that was making fun of the Virgin Marry, it was banned in Australia but allowed here. I think it was banned in the US too?
Anyway, point is, don't be stupid of course we didn't pass a law against teenagers watching it. We just gave it a rating like literally every single movie/tv show or video game like how most western countries do...
Also, America has far worse environmental disasters than either of us. You guys have hurricanes, tornados, forest fires of your own, flooding of your own. Fuck, you have snow, we don't. (well.. depends how far south you are). And when you say "yea but not where I live" ding ding ding ding ding, it works like that here too. Just live in the North Island and you wont experience any of that. Except Wellington, you'll get the odd small earthquake, but nothing to be fearful of.

I mean we also have free healthcare and pay the same amount of taxes (but we don't have to pay for healthcare like you guys do), our minimum wage is higher, we have better employment laws protecting employees, we have better health and education, we have the lowest government corruption in the world (after Switzerland??), we have a political system that isn't fucking retarded like America, Kiwi's are mostly nice people, all our food isn't literally injected with fat and sugar, ain't noone gonna nuke us. And much more.

But hey, we rated a show R18...

Now if only the Maori didn't control your potable water supply.

Better Maori control our waterways (which they don't by the way) than Trump controlling who lives and who doesn't based on income.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-05-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Well... you guys are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked
Hello...Canada...WTF?

Had a big speech I was typing. Deleted it. It was too good.

Summary:
Americans can walk here.

Climate change? Great white north, becomes great green north... while Texas & Florida become deserts, we start growing oranges in Ontario...corn & rice in Nunavut.

Now that the cold war is over... only place in Canada that's likely to be nuked is North Bay... Meh..

Sorry North Bay.

Universal health care.

A commonwealth nation...don't laugh...family bonds can run deeper that you might think.

And... a fuck of a lot of space with no people.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
05-05-2017, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 08:46 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(05-05-2017 08:36 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Climate change? Great white north, becomes great green north... while Texas & Florida become deserts, we start growing oranges in Ontario...corn & rice in Nunavut.

Much of Florida will be under the sea, and most of the tundra is not fertile land.

Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
05-05-2017, 10:03 PM
(05-05-2017 08:43 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 08:36 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Climate change? Great white north, becomes great green north... while Texas & Florida become deserts, we start growing oranges in Ontario...corn & rice in Nunavut.

Much of Florida will be under the sea, and most of the tundra is not fertile land.

Sad

It will be when 10^7 US folks go up and defecate on it. Tongue Truth is, if it has tundra on it and the temperature range changes, we'll make it work...or die and fertilize it that way. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Don't worry. I was visited by the flying spaghetti monster. He warned me of the coming flood of marinara sauce. I've been constructing a giant pasta bowl 300 meatballs in length, 50 meatballs in width and 30 meatballs in height.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
06-05-2017, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 04:45 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(05-05-2017 10:08 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Don't worry. I was visited by the flying spaghetti monster. He warned me of the coming flood of marinara sauce. I've been constructing a giant pasta bowl 300 meatballs in length, 50 meatballs in width and 30 meatballs in height.

If we stay with business as usual, some projections are for one to two meters of sea level rise by 2100, with a couple more meters locked in for future centuries. That won't do Florida any favors.

Some projections are even worse, but I don't want to come off as an alarmist.

Hobo