Wellness Stones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Wellness Stones
This is something bizarre which I don't really have much information on because I honestly don't even know what to google, but I wonder if anyone else has encountered it.

Today while I was in town I was stopped by a man who was trying to sell these little round stones with LED lights implanted into the back of them. He told me that they were used to "bring peace of mind and help the body locate the correct energies to cure any illness you might have", as well as "give you a sense of rhythm to help with your social life".
I didn't have the time or energy for any sort of confrontation or questioning so I just said 'no thanks' and moved on. I have never encountered anything like it before, at least in the thing being sold, though I've had similar claims made to me about oils and herb bundles and such. Wish I'd stayed to get more information now though, but 20/20 hindsight and all that.

Does anyone know what these things are, or ever encountered similar snake oil?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: Wellness Stones
woo.

Sometimes its fun to engage the crazy, but usually I end up walking away feeling saddened about the future of this planet.

I am a happier person when I just keep on walking.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-10-2014, 09:06 AM
There has been a movement again in Malls or shopping centers selling bracelets that have beads perfectly placed to provide wellbeing and balance. They're just Psychosomatic in their effects on people.

People tend to like shiny objects or well shaped stones and attribute the good workings of the mind to them. It works for some people that way I suppose.Consider

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-10-2014, 09:13 AM
(14-10-2014 08:58 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Does anyone know what these things are, or ever encountered similar snake oil?

Yup - they're stones with LEDs in them. Smile

Same woo as 'healing stones' and crystals and all the other 'energy alignment' baloney.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Just a high tech pet rock.
There is so much woo out there, people just pull things out their ass sometimes just to sell it. I bet it costs more then a rock. Maybe paper weights just don't sell very well.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
14-10-2014, 09:15 AM
(14-10-2014 08:58 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  This is something bizarre which I don't really have much information on because I honestly don't even know what to google, but I wonder if anyone else has encountered it.

Today while I was in town I was stopped by a man who was trying to sell these little round stones with LED lights implanted into the back of them. He told me that they were used to "bring peace of mind and help the body locate the correct energies to cure any illness you might have", as well as "give you a sense of rhythm to help with your social life".
I didn't have the time or energy for any sort of confrontation or questioning so I just said 'no thanks' and moved on. I have never encountered anything like it before, at least in the thing being sold, though I've had similar claims made to me about oils and herb bundles and such. Wish I'd stayed to get more information now though, but 20/20 hindsight and all that.

Maybe the guy was stoned.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-10-2014, 09:19 AM
I believe that if you were to add some of the "distilled water with multiple vibrational frequency blending" I described in this thread http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Snake-Oil
the results would be a wet rock with short-circuited LED lights Big Grin

I collect small, polished round stones from wherever I travel and squeeze them to make my hands feel better but mine don't have lights Sadcryface2

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-10-2014, 09:21 AM
(14-10-2014 09:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:58 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  This is something bizarre which I don't really have much information on because I honestly don't even know what to google, but I wonder if anyone else has encountered it.

Maybe the guy was stoned.

Gasp Consider Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-10-2014, 09:22 AM
(14-10-2014 09:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I believe that if you were to add some of the "distilled water with multiple vibrational frequency blending" I described in this thread http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Snake-Oil
the results would be a wet rock with short-circuited LED lights Big Grin

I collect small, polished round stones from wherever I travel and squeeze them to make my hands feel better but mine don't have lights Sadcryface2

If you were walking across a moor and found a stone with LEDs in it ...

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-10-2014, 09:23 AM
(14-10-2014 09:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe the guy was stoned.

... and saw the light.