Wellness Stones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Wellness Stones
I'm just perplexed by the whole issue. I mean, literal snake oil can ride on the back of infused oils and lotions which actually do something and trick people that way, and the holistic herbal crap rides on the back of well known ingested drugs, but what on earth is a small stone with a light on it supposed to use to leverage itself into someone's mind? Does it rely on total insanity or is there a tradition around it I don't know about?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 11:32 AM
(14-10-2014 09:27 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm just perplexed by the whole issue. I mean, literal snake oil can ride on the back of infused oils and lotions which actually do something and trick people that way, and the holistic herbal crap rides on the back of well known ingested drugs, but what on earth is a small stone with a light on it supposed to use to leverage itself into someone's mind? Does it rely on total insanity or is there a tradition around it I don't know about?
Stones have special meanings and things, there are birthstones, tiger eye was supposed to do something, its really a bunch of folk traditions.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
14-10-2014, 12:32 PM
(14-10-2014 09:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I believe that if you were to add some of the "distilled water with multiple vibrational frequency blending" I described in this thread http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Snake-Oil
the results would be a wet rock with short-circuited LED lights Big Grin

I collect small, polished round stones from wherever I travel and squeeze them to make my hands feel better but mine don't have lights Sadcryface2

If you were walking across a moor and found a stone with LEDs in it ...

That's gotta be from aliens. Gotta be!
Maybe a Bigfoot turd.
15-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Considering the time of year it was probably Xmas crap marketing research.
15-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Back in the 80's there used to be these things called "mood rings". It was a ring with a stone that had a thermochromic element in it and the color of the stone changed with the change in body temperature. The ring came with an explanation of what each color meant. It was totally stupid but a lot of people bought into it and thought it was magic. OOOOooooohhhh. Like wow, man.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-10-2014, 10:05 AM
(15-10-2014 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Back in the 80's there used to be these things called "mood rings". It was a ring with a stone that had a thermochromic element in it and the color of the stone changed with the change in body temperature. The ring came with an explanation of what each color meant. It was totally stupid but a lot of people bought into it and thought it was magic. OOOOooooohhhh. Like wow, man.

I have a couple of mood stones hidden somewhere actually. They were popular in the toy shops for a while.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
15-10-2014, 10:13 AM
When I saw the title of this, I thought it would be about he hot stone massage.

Now, that stuff works wonders on kinked muscles. I guess it's a combination of the heat and the consistent pressure the rock provides.

Carry on, I'll be consulting my ouija board to see if any wellness stone massages are in my near future. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Pet rocks were popular to, and they had no magical qualities to them at all!Tongue Anything can sell with a nifty name and packaging.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
15-10-2014, 05:53 PM
I am creative. I have access to a craft store Consider. I should really get into this new age business. I'll just wrap up rocks with strings and twigs and shit, and say I got the stone from the buttom of the grand canyon and the twigs were from ancient redwoods, and then interject words like "peace", "balance", "well being", and "spiritual contact". I'll be an etsy sensation in a week no problem.
15-10-2014, 05:59 PM
(15-10-2014 05:53 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am creative. I have access to a craft store Consider. I should really get into this new age business. I'll just wrap up rocks with strings and twigs and shit, and say I got the stone from the buttom of the grand canyon and the twigs were from ancient redwoods, and then interject words like "peace", "balance", "well being", and "spiritual contact". I'll be an etsy sensation in a week no problem.

I managed to sell a disk of wood I drew a symbol on for £30 a few months ago, and I didn't even claim that the symbol meant anything, the person just thought it was 'magic looking and pretty' and begged me to put it up for sale.

So I'd say; do it. lol
Make sure to put the stones and twigs in little tiny burlap drawstring bags or people will never fall for it. :L

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.