Welp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: Welp
shit happens. the bible says more shit will happen. guess what? shit is happening. whoop-dee-fuckin-doo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
22-04-2016, 12:56 PM
i love the science answers. you know its hard to think straight at 2am busting my brain in class then at work lol.
my brain just hasnt come to grasp most of this stuff yet. still new in the giving up religion part but thats why i have you lovely people. to help guide me. some things i can search on my own but there is way too much that i cant grab so fast. luckily everyone here has a large understanding of why things happen.
ive just been sheltered by the church.. you know. everything is an apocalyptic event to me still lol. so sorry!! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
22-04-2016, 01:19 PM
(22-04-2016 12:56 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i love the science answers. you know its hard to think straight at 2am busting my brain in class then at work lol.
my brain just hasnt come to grasp most of this stuff yet. still new in the giving up religion part but thats why i have you lovely people. to help guide me. some things i can search on my own but there is way too much that i cant grab so fast. luckily everyone here has a large understanding of why things happen.
ive just been sheltered by the church.. you know. everything is an apocalyptic event to me still lol. so sorry!! Big Grin

A lot of stress is going to go out of your life once you get settled with atheism and shed the rest of your old beliefs. So much less BS to think about and put up with.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-04-2016, 01:32 PM
(22-04-2016 12:56 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i love the science answers. you know its hard to think straight at 2am busting my brain in class then at work lol.

I'm in this same situation. I just left religion this year last month. I think things will get better as we begin to have a more accurate view of the world. We've been indoctrinated for so long. It's hard to shed those believes sometimes. I often have to remind myself of the things I've learned since leaving religion.

You don't have to apologize. I think a lot of people have had to go through this same process.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
22-04-2016, 03:36 PM

Nothing to be sorry for. We've all been there or rather 2am thinking marathon is one of those things that makes me crazy. The harder I try to calm my thoughts the worse it feels.

Hope you're feeling better.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-04-2016, 03:41 PM
So much stress has left already.. And I sleep in more. I get to spend time with my daddy on Sunday's when he's home without feeling judged.
I do feel better. Smile I was just taught to fear everything and that's my struggle. But I know things will get better over time!
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
22-04-2016, 05:43 PM
(22-04-2016 12:16 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  [...] Some even say it's encouraged by the stress humans put on the earth.
I'm just curious.. Maybe crazy.. Maybe the anxiety is kicking in (I'm trembling but it's not hurting my chest). [...]
I'm sure that it's only anxiety on your part. If you find yourself consistently anxious about events, whether natural or man-made—the I'd like to suggest you consult a psychologist about getting some accredited form of CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Anxiety can often result from inappropriate, distorted thought processes, and CBT can help you rationalise and normalise those processes by "resetting" your response to them.

Quote:The bible "prophesied" about things like this.
No, this is actually false. The Christian bible didn't make any predictions about the future at all. Any so-called predictions have been cobbled together by the theists by misinterpreting or incorrectly translating tiny parts of scripture that were never intended to be literally prophetic. Most were just allegorical and/or metaphorical.

Quote:And how long till it does get to where the earthquakes are just.. Everywhere?
Pier Luigi Bragato, Monica Sugan (The Seismological Society of America, 2014) state in their paper that after 1900, "We found the seismicity rate is almost stable in the south, whereas it is strongly decreasing in the north, where it reduced from about nine earthquakes per year to about five per year in just over a century. We also found the decrease is common to the more important seismic regions of the northern hemisphere".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-04-2016, 06:16 PM

Where?

[Image: every-action-of-god.jpg]

The goat herders who wrote that thing never had a clue about the "ring of fire."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-04-2016, 06:24 PM
(22-04-2016 05:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 12:16 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  [...] Some even say it's encouraged by the stress humans put on the earth.
I'm just curious.. Maybe crazy.. Maybe the anxiety is kicking in (I'm trembling but it's not hurting my chest). [...]
I'm sure that it's only anxiety on your part. If you find yourself consistently anxious about events, whether natural or man-made—the I'd like to suggest you consult a psychologist about getting some accredited form of CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Anxiety can often result from inappropriate, distorted thought processes, and CBT can help you rationalise and normalise those processes by "resetting" your response to them.

No, this is actually false. The Christian bible didn't make any predictions about the future at all. Any so-called predictions have been cobbled together by the theists by misinterpreting or incorrectly translating tiny parts of scripture that were never intended to be literally prophetic. Most were just allegorical and/or metaphorical.

Quote:And how long till it does get to where the earthquakes are just.. Everywhere?
Pier Luigi Bragato, Monica Sugan (The Seismological Society of America, 2014) state in their paper that after 1900, "We found the seismicity rate is almost stable in the south, whereas it is strongly decreasing in the north, where it reduced from about nine earthquakes per year to about five per year in just over a century. We also found the decrease is common to the more important seismic regions of the northern hemisphere".

That sounds better than medication. Maybe it's just the things people share on social media. That's something along the lines of what someone else said.. Just more media
22-04-2016, 06:25 PM
(22-04-2016 06:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

Where?

[Image: every-action-of-god.jpg]

The goat herders who wrote that thing never had a clue about the "ring of fire."

It's so tiny