Went to therapy today....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Went to therapy today....
Well....it went really good today with my therapist. I'm now going to start seeing him once a week instead of every 2 weeks.. This week I thought about going back to my roots and visiting the american baptist church that I grew up in..it's only about 10 minutes away from where I live now....I even have talked with the new pastor over there about my doubts and stuff. Im not angry at or with them anymore. I've come to a place of acceptance of my non-belief/disbelief. I'm just living by-reason, logic, science, philosophy, and guts/inuition/insticnts now....and it feels so good and awsome and empowering to be FREE from all dogma and superstiton and anxiety/fear!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jason197754's post
10-11-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Went to therapy today....
So glad you are doing well!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-11-2016, 10:08 PM
(10-11-2016 09:06 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Well....it went really good today with my therapist. I'm now going to start seeing him once a week instead of every 2 weeks.. This week I thought about going back to my roots and visiting the american baptist church that I grew up in..it's only about 10 minutes away from where I live now....I even have talked with the new pastor over there about my doubts and stuff. Im not angry at or with them anymore. I've come to a place of acceptance of my non-belief/disbelief. I'm just living by-reason, logic, science, philosophy, and guts/inuition/insticnts now....and it feels so good and awsome and empowering to be FREE from all dogma and superstiton and anxiety/fear!!!!!!

I went through this too. Once you drop the veil, it's really disappointing to believe that you allowed yourself to be conned for so long. Good to see that you aren't carrying that anger. But keep it up, the doubts will keep popping up, from time to time. Having spent the mental effort to get where you are, you shouldn't give it up.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-11-2016, 10:16 PM
(10-11-2016 10:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 09:06 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Well....it went really good today with my therapist. I'm now going to start seeing him once a week instead of every 2 weeks.. This week I thought about going back to my roots and visiting the american baptist church that I grew up in..it's only about 10 minutes away from where I live now....I even have talked with the new pastor over there about my doubts and stuff. Im not angry at or with them anymore. I've come to a place of acceptance of my non-belief/disbelief. I'm just living by-reason, logic, science, philosophy, and guts/inuition/insticnts now....and it feels so good and awsome and empowering to be FREE from all dogma and superstiton and anxiety/fear!!!!!!

I went through this too. Once you drop the veil, it's really disappointing to believe that you allowed yourself to be conned for so long. Good to see that you aren't carrying that anger. But keep it up, the doubts will keep popping up, from time to time. Having spent the mental effort to get where you are, you shouldn't give it up.

Agreed -Definitely don't give up. Just keep going, day by day and things will get easier. it's not an easy transition when you grew up in the church that's for sure. But you can break free from all of that, just takes time.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Hug