Were the Jews actually Armenians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Were the Jews actually Armenians?
But Bucky...I presume you are Jewish, and you are studying Judaism...yes?

You accept the Old Testament as historical, and it isn't. It is entirely mythological and the "Jewish" people it portrays are mythological. You should be ashamed of yourself for peddling this stuff on an atheistic forum.

Shame, shame, shame on you...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 01:17 PM
(09-02-2016 01:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ... and consider that it might just be possible that the word "Jew" might have been used to describe some people who came from a place only a few hundred miles up the coast from the Nile Delta, ie., Greater Armenia.

Shock horror.....

I pulled this as an example of you talking out of your ass. Armenia isn't up "the coast" from the Nile. It's hundreds of kilometres inland.

Can you even map bro?

... this is my signature!
09-02-2016, 01:18 PM
The first thing anyone studying Near East history should do is to throw away the Bible because it is not history.

By the way Bucky, I studied classics at university so I did study this stuff. That was in 1975. Before I got my doctorate. When were you born?
09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Oh, and you can call me Dr. Deltabravo, please... lol
09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
(09-02-2016 01:15 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  But Bucky...I presume you are Jewish, and you are studying Judaism...yes?

You accept the Old Testament as historical, and it isn't. It is entirely mythological and the "Jewish" people it portrays are mythological. You should be ashamed of yourself for peddling this stuff on an atheistic forum.

Say what? I don't know Bucky all that well, but I do know that he definitely does not accept the Old Testament as historical. Try again.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-02-2016, 01:27 PM
(09-02-2016 01:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 01:15 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  But Bucky...I presume you are Jewish, and you are studying Judaism...yes?

Say what? I don't know Bucky all that well, but I do know that he definitely does not accept the Old Testament as historical. Try again.

Can't you cut the poor guy a break, though, Grasshopper?

If he can't argue against the phantoms in his head, he'll have nobody left to win arguments against.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-02-2016, 01:32 PM
(09-02-2016 01:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The god of the Jews was never, (ever) "Horus". Yahweh's roots were in Babylon. Making up shit again, as usual, I see, db. Abraham was entirely MYTHICAL. The Jews were indigenous to Canaan. A trip by caravan at the (supposed) time of Abraham, would have been very unlikely, as camels had not been domesitcated yet. Since you know and have actaully studied NO HISTORY, you are free to cook up any randon bullshit your dot-connecting mind conjures up.

You are a complete fraud. REAL historians and real archaeologists know the history of the ancient Near East. You do not.
Josephus recited in his works ALL the ancient MYTHS of Israel. He is not a credible historian of Israel, any more than YOU are, db. The fact that you actually know SO little of the real sources and work done in the subject, proves you are a snake-oil salesman/charlatan. There is NOT ONE modern aracheologist that agress with your bullshit.

(09-02-2016 01:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 01:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ... and consider that it might just be possible that the word "Jew" might have been used to describe some people who came from a place only a few hundred miles up the coast from the Nile Delta, ie., Greater Armenia.

Shock horror.....

I pulled this as an example of you talking out of your ass. Armenia isn't up "the coast" from the Nile. It's hundreds of kilometres inland.

Can you even map bro?

Ah...jeez...bro...cumon.

Armenia stretched all the way down to Judea: http://www.armeniapedia.org/wiki/File:Tigranesthega.gif

The Seljuk Turks invaded and subjugated the Armenians and eventually committed a Genocide. Now Armenia is an inland country but you need to read your history.
09-02-2016, 01:55 PM
(09-02-2016 01:32 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 01:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The god of the Jews was never, (ever) "Horus". Yahweh's roots were in Babylon. Making up shit again, as usual, I see, db. Abraham was entirely MYTHICAL. The Jews were indigenous to Canaan. A trip by caravan at the (supposed) time of Abraham, would have been very unlikely, as camels had not been domesitcated yet. Since you know and have actaully studied NO HISTORY, you are free to cook up any randon bullshit your dot-connecting mind conjures up.

You are a complete fraud. REAL historians and real archaeologists know the history of the ancient Near East. You do not.
Josephus recited in his works ALL the ancient MYTHS of Israel. He is not a credible historian of Israel, any more than YOU are, db. The fact that you actually know SO little of the real sources and work done in the subject, proves you are a snake-oil salesman/charlatan. There is NOT ONE modern aracheologist that agress with your bullshit.

(09-02-2016 01:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I pulled this as an example of you talking out of your ass. Armenia isn't up "the coast" from the Nile. It's hundreds of kilometres inland.

Can you even map bro?

Ah...jeez...bro...cumon.

Armenia stretched all the way down to Judea: http://www.armeniapedia.org/wiki/File:Tigranesthega.gif

The Seljuk Turks invaded and subjugated the Armenians and eventually committed a Genocide. Now Armenia is an inland country but you need to read your history.

Under Tigranes. You know, in the first century BCE. Hint: what does the map say the Armenian kingdom included prior to those conquests?
(and what are the medieval Seljuks but a lame red herring, here?)

You were referring to events seven hundred years prior to that.
(the establishment of Hebrew petty kingdoms in the levant)

Forget being able to map! Can you even math?

Hell, Armenians did not exist as a distinct people yet at that time. The contemporaneous polity was Urartu. Read a book.

09-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Oy vey, Cher is Jewish? I'm verklempt. Blink Talk amongst yourselves. Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-02-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 02:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)

Are you on drugs ?

I am not Jewish, (not that that has anything to do with anything).
I absolutely DO NOT accept the OT as "historical". But I do get that in your uneducated little backwards world with the limited options your lack of education provides for you when examining ANY subject concerning History, you would NEED to think in terms of your two idiotic options, only.

BTW, it's "Ur of the CHALDEES", not "Ur of the Charldees".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post