Poll: Were you familiar with the term "President Elect" before 2016?
Yes, I was familiar with the term, but not sure exactly where I'd heard it.
Yes, I remember hearing that term used to refer to specific upcoming presidents in the past.
Nope, I'd never heard anyone use that term until just this past year.
[Show Results]

Were you familiar with the term "President Elect" before 2016?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 01:42 AM
RE: Were you familiar with the term "President Elect" before 2016?
(06-01-2017 04:53 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 06:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  There was a time when Dmitry Medvedev was referred to as such.
I'm pretty sure Putin being called president elect the entire time he was prime minister and Medvedev was president would of been fitting

Can't say I disagree.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2017, 06:13 AM
I couldn't vote in the poll because it's US-centric. Like most other stuff posted on forums by Americans. Rolleyes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-01-2017, 06:36 AM
To answer the question: Yes.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-01-2017, 08:22 AM
I am not used to a fucking WW2 Demagogue who thinks he can cannibalize his way to a cheap Jerry Springer on meth win. Celebrity Despot elect. President Elect Twittrbrat.

He is s fucking piece of shit. Romney never sank to that level. McCain defended Obama, might have cost him the election, the same McCain asshole Drumpf called a loser for being captured. Not even Bush Jr, or Sr or Reagan sank to this asshole's level to get votes.

FUCK HIM, if he wants to call it a witch hunt, so the fuck what. Demagogues deserve to be chased out of office. I don't want him dead, a civil war would not be worth it, but I don't want that Frank Burns on meth fucker controlling the codes and stupidly thinking complex global diplomacy can be conducted in 140 characters.

50 Republican law agents called him dangerous, and he still is having a stupid public fight with those whose job it is to protect him. HE IS A DANGEROUS IDIOT.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
08-01-2017, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 11:43 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(08-01-2017 08:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am not used to a fucking WW2 Demagogue who thinks he can cannibalize his way to a cheap Jerry Springer on meth win. Celebrity Despot elect. President Elect Twittrbrat.

He is s fucking piece of shit. Romney never sank to that level. McCain defended Obama, might have cost him the election, the same McCain asshole Drumpf called a loser for being captured. Not even Bush Jr, or Sr or Reagan sank to this asshole's level to get votes.

FUCK HIM, if he wants to call it a witch hunt, so the fuck what. Demagogues deserve to be chased out of office. I don't want him dead, a civil war would not be worth it, but I don't want that Frank Burns on meth fucker controlling the codes and stupidly thinking complex global diplomacy can be conducted in 140 characters.

50 Republican law agents called him dangerous, and he still is having a stupid public fight with those whose job it is to protect him. HE IS A DANGEROUS IDIOT.

Keep crying that river of tears. The democrats don't even have a national party anymore. And they are poised to lose even more in the next mid term cycle at both the state and federal level. Your party is going in the wrong direction. The further left you travel from the center, the more voters you lose. This won't last forever of course, because one day the brainwashed little ones will be voters (unless major education reform happens soon) and the boomers will all be dead. But for now, you're screwed. Get used to 20+ years of republicans controlling the majority of everything and 30-40 years of the Supreme Court dumping on your head.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-01-2017, 06:11 PM
(08-01-2017 11:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 08:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am not used to a fucking WW2 Demagogue who thinks he can cannibalize his way to a cheap Jerry Springer on meth win. Celebrity Despot elect. President Elect Twittrbrat.

Keep crying that river of tears. The democrats don't even have a national party anymore. And they are poised to lose even more in the next mid term cycle at both the state and federal level. Your party is going in the wrong direction. The further left you travel from the center, the more voters you lose. This won't last forever of course, because one day the brainwashed little ones will be voters (unless major education reform happens soon) and the boomers will all be dead. But for now, you're screwed. Get used to 20+ years of republicans controlling the majority of everything and 30-40 years of the Supreme Court dumping on your head.
On your mind does what people think and desire on poltical desires and cares last 30 years? It's amazing how some think the past will be the future. Learning from the past shows you ought to know static divisions like that don't exist in political reality.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-01-2017, 05:06 AM
(08-01-2017 06:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  On your mind does what people think and desire on poltical desires and cares last 30 years? It's amazing how some think the past will be the future. Learning from the past shows you ought to know static divisions like that don't exist in political reality.

[Image: 6xOilm.png]
Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
(10-01-2017 05:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 06:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  On your mind does what people think and desire on poltical desires and cares last 30 years? It's amazing how some think the past will be the future. Learning from the past shows you ought to know static divisions like that don't exist in political reality.

[Image: 6xOilm.png]
Consider
I mean more issues and stances and issues. People view standard hot topics as "left" or "right" as though they have some basis as that yet shift all the time.

Hell you have the "right" in us control now trying to remove the health care policy the "right" proposed and supported in the 90s for health care reform because it's suddenly a "left" policy since it's implementation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Yes, I've been familiar with the term and its meaning since Carter was elected.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Cowboy: We'd like to get a marriage license.

Clerk: And is this the bride elect?

Cowboy:
There weren't no election. I picked her out all by my self.

Sapere aude