Yes, I used to believe once.
No, I never did.
[Show Results]

Were you once a believer?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-02-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Were you once a believer?
I certainly was. I went through a lot of phases actually, first I was Christian for years, since my family is Christian, then in high-school I switched to neopaganism after I learned about the crimes that Church did throughout ages, and then later tried some New Age crap, mixed with my own views and ideas... I was kinda trying to define myself I guess, but I eventually realized all those religions and sects and whatnot are basically all the same and make no sense at all. And since I was always a science type, attending astronomy summer camps and stuff like that, atheism and skepticism came naturally to me. I guess I was always skeptic enough not to fully believe those stories, and that skepticism and my 'search for my true self' finally led me to atheism.

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I was born and raised a Catholic, became a Baptist in my college years, joined a cult, left the cult, became a non-denom Christian (Vineyard Christian Fellowship), and FINALLY an atheist last year.
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2012, 01:01 AM
I was a christian for 25 years, became a (what I like saying because it sounds insulting) born again atheist 5 months ago.
[+] 1 user Likes hollowpointm16's post
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I always was a religious person.. once i became a skeptic about two years ago it all went out and i have been a atheist for about a year ^^
08-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Eighteen year old ex-Catholic here.

Ahem, anyway, the internet is what helped me realize the fallacies of my belief. A combination of Youtube videos and forums finally aided me in my final decision. I am not fully Atheist, for I am an Agnostic Atheist. That, however, does not mean I am not critical of religion or the deities our fellow humans have so creatively (or not) conjured up.
10-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Rainbow RE: Were you once a believer?
Yesterday a cousin sent me a video of me at my first communion of my catholic school in 1988, I was 9 years old. Thank “God” I asked myself lots of questions as I grew up to grow out of religion by 18. I think that by 23 I was already considering myself an Atheist. I am 32 now. Hmmm interesting, I’ll be an atheist for 10 years soon! Thanks for posting this question, next year I will be celebrating my 10th critical thinking anniversary..lol. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Dave1Klein's post
13-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I once believed in many things... god was the first to go.
14-03-2012, 05:10 AM
I put no, simply because I never stayed with anything very long and was constantly modifying my beliefs to try to make them fit with the real world around me. Monotheistic, to polytheism, to pantheism, to atheism in roughly 30 years, from birth to now, though I've probably been an atheist for 10 years-ish without really acknowledging it.
15-03-2012, 03:40 PM
It was kinda in the middle I never stop to think.
19-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Hello. I'm new. ^^
I'm not entirely sure what to say about myself, but I guess you could say I'm a newly converted atheist from Christianity. I haven't come out in real life about it, and I'm not sure I want to burn any bridges with one person in particular. I am a closet atheist.

[Image: char_8849.jpg]