Yes, I used to believe once.
No, I never did.
[Show Results]

Were you once a believer?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-06-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: Were you once a believer?
I was raised secular, then became a believer and now a non believer, if you want (a lot of) details, look at my profile Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2012, 02:14 PM
I was raised christian, but then I read through the bible at around ten years old.
25-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I was....now I'm not. Quantum physics and hypocrits at the evangelical church I was going to pushed me from agnostic to atheist.
25-06-2012, 06:49 PM
When I was 16 I stopped the belief....

I was born in a very religious country. As a result, at times, I show strong emotions when I discuss any religion with religious individuals.. Not because I dislike them, but because I dislike seeing good and intelligent people so miserably delusional...

Greetings to my fellow atheists....

I also visit RD's site...
29-06-2012, 07:41 AM
I started as a christian. Hardcore creationist type. Then I went moderate. Then I went deist for about a week, then pure agnostic, then back to moderate christian. Then, I went agnostic atheist. I'm about half a tick away from being a pure atheist at this point.
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I was a very weird kind of believer, my parents weren't at all religious, but I grew up going to a religious school, so I got all my religious teachings in a silly broken way, that lead to me adding bits from 4 different religions together to create a very confused and constantly changing belief like thing, until I reached the age of 11,when i figured out that it made no sense, and all other religions were justas much bull.
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
It was kinda like Santa Clause to be me eventual I grew out of it and realized the idea of a god is just silly and childish.
08-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Neither. I haven't yet graduated to atheism though my parents should have turned me that way by now.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
09-07-2012, 08:52 AM
I had a pretty secular upbringing. We only went to church on special holidays because where I grew up it was expected or you were looked at in a negative light. I remember thinking even at the age of 6/7 that none of it made sense. I went to a few churches with friends in my early teens and it always seemed like it was a social gathering more than anything. When I hear people talk about how they 'feel God I their lives' it is strange to me. I have never had a feeling that there was something 'greater' watching me. There have been times when I wish I could believe in a god, but I have never been able to put that kind of blind faith in something that isn't physically present. I guess it may make life easier, but I like knowing that I control my destiny. That my decisions are important and actually determine what my life becomes.

"Well behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
There's this saying that goes 'Before you diagnose yourself with depression of low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.'.

That being, my brain, though fully immersed in JW's doctrines, decided to burn me a tough couple of years. Then I removed myself from their borganization and felt much better. I credit The Discovery Channel for giving me enough knowledge to figure out I needed an exit route to their nonsense.

So, honestly, I can't say for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Recent Non-Believer trekker4ever 4 275 30-08-2013 06:56 AM
Last Post: SpaceMonkey
  Ex-Jehovah's Witness turned non-believer valpohawkeye 10 992 11-05-2013 09:05 PM
Last Post: smidgen
  INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist Roger Williams 2 429 12-08-2011 07:31 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan