Poll: Were you once religious?
Yes, I used to believe once.
No, I never did.
[Show Results]

Were you once a believer?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2010, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 12:44 AM by Observer.)
RE: Were you once a believer?
(30-12-2010 09:30 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  To be fair, I will still give these people props for wanting to (and beginning to) develop a kinder, more inclusive, morally-based, evolving religion.
/*not actually signing in*/
Evolving religion... Who would have thought TongueBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2010, 10:37 AM
RE: Where you once a believer?
(30-12-2010 09:59 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(30-12-2010 09:30 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  To be fair, I will still give these people props for wanting to (and beginning to) develop a kinder, more inclusive, morally-based, evolving religion.
/*not actually signing in*/
Evolving religion... Who would have thought TongueBig Grin
Ha! I didn't think you actually would - just thought I'd provide the link! Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
30-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Most of us clicked yes, Religion sure does have an impact on society, good thing religion is dying.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
[+] 1 user Likes Laxion's post
30-12-2010, 10:50 PM
When I was young I believed, I guess. I think the main reason was that I didn't give it much thought. I was young, my parents believed, they sent me to Sunday School, blah blah. I was a kid so I just went along with it.

When it came time to get "confirmed" as a member of the church, I pretty much said "fuck this shit, I don't want to." My parents took it well. Not sure I would have yet considered myself an atheist at that time, but I've grown into that.

Yay for thinking!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
30-12-2010, 11:46 PM
I believe in correct spelling, it's were not where.
Sorry >.< Maybe I am a bit OCD... At least I am not a wierdo who calls it CDO, that drives me nuts!
31-12-2010, 12:47 AM
There you go...
(can't edit the poll. sorry.)

/*mumble-bumble-grammar-nazigrmbl*/

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-12-2010, 02:17 AM
(30-12-2010 11:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I believe in correct spelling, it's were not where.
Sorry >.< Maybe I am a bit OCD... At least I am not a wierdo who calls it CDO, that drives me nuts!

Ta daa!

now stop been a grammer natzi!! LOL

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
31-12-2010, 02:40 AM
(31-12-2010 02:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-12-2010 11:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I believe in correct spelling, it's were not where.

Ta daa!

now stop been a grammer natzi!! LOL

I love you!
31-12-2010, 09:31 PM

I was a believer for a long time. A real die-hard, Bible-thumper, judgmental, "my way or the highway (to hell)" kind of girl. I even majored in Bible in college.

I became an atheist by reading myself out of being a Christian. Education really is the key to the whole thing. (That and having the cahunas to look god in the eye and face the possibility of being damned for all eternity.)
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like athnostic's post
01-01-2011, 07:24 AM
(31-12-2010 09:31 PM)athnostic Wrote:  ...the possibility of being damned for all eternity....
Do you still have that unnerving voice inside your skull telling you that?
(i have Confused)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Recent Non-Believer trekker4ever 4 275 30-08-2013 06:56 AM
Last Post: SpaceMonkey
  Ex-Jehovah's Witness turned non-believer valpohawkeye 10 992 11-05-2013 09:05 PM
Last Post: smidgen
  INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist Roger Williams 2 429 12-08-2011 07:31 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan