Yes, I used to believe once.
No, I never did.
[Show Results]

Were you once a believer?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-05-2013, 09:15 AM
RE: Were you once a believer?
(02-05-2013 09:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... The errors of their ways...

Moses supposes
His toeses to be roses,
But Moses supposes
Erroneously.

For nobody's toeses
Are poesies of roses
As Moses supposes
His to be.
Go home, dog, you're...

[Image: tumblr_lokdjrjz431qd713io1_500.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 09:27 AM
(02-05-2013 09:07 AM)Apikoros Wrote:  God willing ... Rolleyes
Haha.
02-05-2013, 09:31 AM
(02-05-2013 09:27 AM)CompletelySolo Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:07 AM)Apikoros Wrote:  God willing ... Rolleyes
Haha.

Drives some believers nuts when I constantly use such terms. They also accuse me of belief because I love musical pieces like B. Wilson's "God Only Knows" and Bach's "Jesu, Joy Of Man". God, what fools these mortals be. Y' dig? Evil_monster

Michael G.
COGITO ERGO DEVS NON EST
02-05-2013, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 06:29 PM by Apikoros.)
Does anyone else here use all the standard "godly" clichés/idioms there are in English?

Michael G.
COGITO ERGO DEVS NON EST
04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Re: Were you once a believer?
I was an attempted believer, but it never felt right even when I was really trying to make it work.
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Re: Were you once a believer?
I dont know if it counts if you were a "believer" as an adolescent, and not as an adult, your mind as a child is malleable and you adopt your parents convictions out of "obedience".
06-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Yes. I was "born-again" and really believed in God. I was a christian for about 10 years. One day, during a church service, I got annoyed because an announcement was made that a new youth center would be build. I couldn't understand how they can spend money expanding the church when there were homeless people begging for food!
Without realizing it, I made the first step to de-conversion by breaking links with the church. I only realized then how big the church's influence on people are.
It's not been easy, but I'm glad I made the correct choice!
[+] 1 user Likes FMC's post
06-05-2013, 04:43 AM
I'm 68 now, I was about 40 when I got cross about the cross!
Raised a Weslian Methodist changed to R.C. about 20. The whole deal church 2-3 times a week, confession, the whole stupid deal. Now I feel ripped of after writing this.

O.M.D. ('cause the dog is real)
[+] 1 user Likes OhMyDoG's post
14-05-2013, 11:02 PM
proving once again the best cure for religion, reading the bible. the numbers were not suprising to me, as i think seth attracts people that do miss the social network aspect of religion. so many good people. i can only hope they keep asking questions
15-05-2013, 09:25 AM
I was raised as a Baptist Christian, went to church every Sunday up until about 4th grade. I was still a christian but never thought about my faith very much. I remained this way up until eighth grade when a friend of mine became very outspoken about his atheist beliefs. We both had a long conversation about existence and non-existence of a God, but ultimately I was defeated in that argument. I thought a lot about what my friend had said to me. I had always been skeptical of God, but never said anything because most of my family are all devoted Christians. I decided to accept myself as a deist despite still being skeptical of an existence of a creator. It was later that year after a lot of learning and arguing that I truly decided that I did not believe in some super-natural creator. I accepted atheism and have been outspoken about it for about a year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Recent Non-Believer trekker4ever 4 273 30-08-2013 06:56 AM
Last Post: SpaceMonkey
  Ex-Jehovah's Witness turned non-believer valpohawkeye 10 979 11-05-2013 09:05 PM
Last Post: smidgen
  INTRO - Post believer, former Southern Baptist Roger Williams 2 425 12-08-2011 07:31 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan