WestBoro Baptist Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: WestBoro Baptist Church
Speechless.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
18-05-2012, 11:15 PM
nothing they do surprises me anymore, although i definately lost faith with the american judicial system when they made a marines family pay reparations and court fees after they won the trial but lost the appeal.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-03-...funerals/1

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
18-05-2012, 11:37 PM
(18-05-2012 11:15 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  nothing they do surprises me anymore, although i definately lost faith with the american judicial system when they made a marines family pay reparations and court fees after they won the trial but lost the appeal.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-03-...funerals/1
Fucking appalling. Absolutely disgusting in every single way shape and form.

On the army thing. Do these people not understand that those men and women are over their risking their lives in order to save this churches ass?? I mean do they actually understand this concept at all?????
Hell, I would take a guess the majority of Christians are behind the troops (maybe not the war but behind the troops).

Why are these people not constantly beaten up at night??

I did read one article once though where a small town worked together, they blocked all out of state cars in driveways (These fucks had come down from somewhere to protest this funeral) by parking cars in front of them, stopping them from going to the funeral. I lol'd. All tow trucks happened to not be available.
I also applaud all those that protest these protesting fucks, I would join them in protesting this cunts if I lived nearby.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Damn it Shiruba! Now I can't stop watching Louis Theroux documentaries. WBC, Thai Brides, the Brothel, Nazis...

I knew how crazy this church was, but this only reinforces it. What I didn't know was that many of them were lawyers, but thinking about it it makes sense. They're so protective of their beliefs they feel the need to learn law to further protect it.

There were two things that really saddened me in this documentary. The first was the child being hit by the car at the protest. Seriously, who the fuck does that? Yes, we all disagree with their message, but to take your anger out on a child? The second thing is how all the children and grandchildren are taught we're literally in the last days of days. They don't make friends. They don't try finding love. All they do is carry on with their mundane day to day lives while preparing for the tribulation.

Anyways... on a happier note, good post!

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
[+] 1 user Likes Zephony's post
19-05-2012, 08:49 AM
This is your brain. ...and this is your brain on Christianity. Any questions?

"An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral and the advance of (humanity's) knowledge over time is a greater miracle than all the sticks turning to snakes and the parting of the waters."
-Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind"
[+] 2 users Like DeistPaladin's post
19-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I really do not like to hate people...some leave you no choice.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-05-2012, 11:12 AM
(18-05-2012 09:40 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Damn, son, Shirley's a fucking lawyer?!?! What the fuck?!?!

i think it is not surprising though for a “fundamentalist”…. lawyers can be “literalist” and be prone to legalism… undermining what the law is for/ all about.
19-05-2012, 12:21 PM
As I count there are about 30 of them and are mostly from the same family.
So 30 delusional nut bags get national attention for their cause?
This shows how nutso society is as much as them.
We stopped showing the streakers at sporting events on TV and they stopped streaking.
These religious nuts (or just nuts with religion) live for the attention. Don't give it to them.
They are irrelevant to our society and how we are evolving.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
19-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I posted this video on facebook, only 2 days after I posted these psychos are coming (today) to Texas to protest. I dont know how a theist can watch and not understand this is really what they are subscribing to. They are just more militant and in your face about it.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
19-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I think I might have recommended this movie before, but I can't help but mention it again when the subject of WBC comes up. Kevin Smith does a wonderful job of showing how far things can go with this sort of cult.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel