Westboro B C to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2015, 05:49 AM
RE: Westboro B C to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral
Fred Phelps died of anal warts he contracted from his boyfriend.

At least that's my guess..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh, I thought it was because Roddenberry was an atheist. Oh well.
02-03-2015, 07:06 AM
(01-03-2015 11:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It looks like the family is attempting to make the funeral private, perhaps to keep these fucking idiots away. Grrrr. All I can say is.....Beat_stick

http://www.inquisitr.com/1885437/leonard...l-be-held/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUw47qiG6Ic

Gotta love Jaclyn Glenn.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
02-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Look. Here's how you deal with the Westboro Baptist Church protests.

Step 1: Put together a charity drive.

The drive is a bit like a marathon charity, where people donate money not as a fixed sum, but on a per-mile basis. Here, it's based on turnout numbers.

To qualify, a WBC protest must be homophobic in character, must make the news, and the news organization must either provide an estimate of the number of WBC protestors, or some means of forming the estimate (eg, pictures of the protestors).

Once this is done, a donation proportionate to the number of protestors will be made to an LGBT-friendly group, like PFLAG, or to help found GSAs in Westboro, or things like that.

Step 2: Be sure to announce the donation, as well as the mechanism for future donations (WBC protests, proportionate to WBC numbers), to all media outlets. Trust me, they'll eat it up.

Step 3: Be sure to praise WBC's contribution. "Yes, they presented themselves in a very offensive matter, but look at the substance of what they did. On the bad side, they waved a few hateful signs around and said some very hateful things. On the good side, they raised ___ dollars for advancing gay and lesbian rights in real and substantive ways that will long outlast the memory of their signs and words. That's a net win, and we look forward to their participation in future charity drives."

Step 4: Win.
02-03-2015, 08:35 AM
(01-03-2015 11:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  This just in: They seem to have cancelled their protest.

They couldn't find the Planet Genesis.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Why don't the CHRIno's (christian's in name only) protest the True Cristians (WBC).
02-03-2015, 03:36 PM
They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
(02-03-2015 03:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

True Christians Laugh out load
It seems WBC follows the bible to the letter.
I think you mean there are 'cafeteria Christians' (mainstream)
and 'literal Christians' (WBC).
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
02-03-2015, 04:20 PM
(02-03-2015 03:36 PM)Qlueless Wrote:  They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

The "true" Christian says things like "I'm prepared to give up my neighbor's life to show love for God."

A 'true" Christian can be found here:

[Image: 59347151.jpg]

Here's a hint- you aren't one.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
02-03-2015, 04:29 PM
(02-03-2015 03:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

Dude. Even a beach bum knows the difference my friend. At some point you're going to have to call a spade a spade. Moderates don't exist. You are either successfully religious or you are not. Love them or hate them as you please but at least they are following their lords every wish and serving him as it was intended. It's this new wave of the religious over the last 2000 or so years that want to change what it means to be religious.