Westboro B C to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Westboro B C to protest Leonard Nimoy's funeral
(02-03-2015 03:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

Except for the Catholics, the Episcopalians,the Greek Orthodox, The Russian Orthodox, the Gnostics, the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons and anybody else that doesn't belong to YOUR little clique....

Right???

Right.... That' how it always works.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 06:21 PM
(02-03-2015 04:29 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 03:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  They do protest, but the media (and TTA) love to talk about the 50 (?) Westboro protestors/members, not the 50 million "true" Christians.

Dude. Even a beach bum knows the difference my friend. At some point you're going to have to call a spade a spade. Moderates don't exist. You are either successfully religious or you are not. Love them or hate them as you please but at least they are following their lords every wish and serving him as it was intended. It's this new wave of the religious over the last 2000 or so years that want to change what it means to be religious.

Seems an odd phrase - must ponder the meaning... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-03-2015, 06:30 PM
(01-03-2015 11:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A fate worse than death.

Consider

Make 'em watch Star Trek V: The Final Frontier?
Show 'em what God's really like! Wink

02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
(01-03-2015 11:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  This just in: They seem to have cancelled their protest.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1885437/leonard...l-be-held/

ETA: I posted the same link. Duh!

Well, with the flood of millions of death threats coming in from star trek fans, I am not surprised!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
02-03-2015, 06:39 PM
(02-03-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 11:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A fate worse than death.

Consider

Was better than the journey home. Yuck.
02-03-2015, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 06:46 PM by Reltzik.)

Theoretical definition of true Christianity: Christianity as was/is meant to be practiced by God, Christ, the Bible etc.

Functional definition of true Christianity: Christianity as practiced by the speaker, as opposed to some other set of people who identify as Christian.

Ratio of time spent by self-identifying "true" Christians persuading "false" Christians that their Christianity is false, as opposed to congratulating themselves on the "true"ness of their Christianity or explaining to third parties how those false Christians aren't representative of Christianity because they aren't "true" Christians: Virtually zero.

(But we're supposed to judge the tree by the fruit it bears. Except not if that fruit is rotten.)

Implications of "true" Christianity versus "false" Christianity: There is no easily- and reliably-verifiable objective means of identifying true Christianity, or such a thing as true Christianity does not exist. If there were such a means, the "true" Christians could simply show it to the "false" Christians and bring most of them into the fold that way. In the absence of such a verification method, reasonable inquiry cannot lead one to "true" Christianity; one would either have to be guided there by some sort of external revelation, direct or indirect, or simply luck out. Furthermore, the large number of people identifying themselves as "true" Christians, vis-a-vis large numbers of other people who they identify as "false" Christians but identify themselves as "true" Christians, suggests by simple probability that most people who consider themselves to be "true" Christians, even those who believe they were guided to their flavor of "true" Christianity by revelation, are in error... and the lack of a method of objective verification means they have no way of knowing that they are in error.

Which makes me ask... again... how would you know if you were in error? What method do you have that works for you, that others don't have or which fails to work for them? What extremes of perspicacity, genius, or luck makes you so much more special than all those false Christians who are getting it wrong?

..... also, 50 million? 50 MILLION? By Wikipedia, roughly 2.4 BILLION people worldwide are categorized as Christian, though obviously not "true" Christians. So... the odds of someone identifying as a Christian being a "true" Christian are only a hair above 2%? I don't like your chances there, bucko.

In any event, it's a good indicator that the rest of us shouldn't try to use the Christian faith as a guide for how to live or treat others. It's got a 98% failure rate, according to its PROPONENT! WTF!
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
02-03-2015, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 06:45 PM by TheGulegon.)
(02-03-2015 06:39 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Consider

Was better than the journey home. Yuck.

I didn't like the whales, either! Undecided

[edit] But Final Frontier was awful!! Laugh out load Tongue

02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
At this very moment, I'm sitting 25 miles from WB headquarters in a darkened theater, ready to watch a film about an artist. Those fucks hate everything.

As for me ... let the sin begin. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Never fuck with Trekkies.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 09:28 PM
(01-03-2015 11:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It looks like the family is attempting to make the funeral private, perhaps to keep these fucking idiots away. Grrrr. All I can say is.....Beat_stick

http://www.inquisitr.com/1885437/leonard...l-be-held/

I am going to scare the fuck out of the paster of that church. I have a plan ... a deviously, delicious, absolutely evil little plan.

Evil_monster

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.