Westboro Baptist Church Threatens To 'Super Picket' Aurora Prayer Vigil For Batman Sh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens To 'Super Picket' Aurora Prayer Vigil For Batman Sh
(24-07-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's like they're not even trying anymore.

It's like a troll that eventually gets tired of trolling and just starts flaming because they are bored.

You nailed it, that's just what they are, real life trolls, and as much as I find Sistanis and imlemuel's stories heart warming, I doubt they are long term sustainable or 100% effective, not that I'm saying people shouldn't do them at all, in the end, the only way to get rid of trolls is to ignore them, no matter how hard it is. The only thing they want is publicity, so that's the thing we deny them.

I know that's a lot easier said than done, I have a quite a few gay friends, and a wonderful boyfriend who I'd risk my life for, just thinking about the hideous things westboro does makes me want to go after them with a baseball bat. But, that's why my signatures are what they are, there's a reason we're better than them and I'm not about to let them drag us back down to their level if I can help it. The right choice isn't always the easy one, but if you give in to your emotions and lash out, then just like with any troll, you're giving them exactly what they want, and they've just won.

So, In the words of Admiral Hackett,
Stand fast, Stand strong, Stand together.

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil which they set out to destroy.
- Christopher Dawson

Battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Epsilon's post
26-07-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens To 'Super Picket' Aurora Prayer Vigil For Batman Sh
(25-07-2012 06:32 PM)Epsilon Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's like they're not even trying anymore.

It's like a troll that eventually gets tired of trolling and just starts flaming because they are bored.

You nailed it, that's just what they are, real life trolls,

I agree, They are kind of a joke now. And I do agree that we should ignore them ultimately. They are only after publicity as I think they are aware that no one takes them seriously. Although I am almost scared that if we do ignore them, after a while they might do something that demands attention, like hurt someone. I don't trust them at all, they are not mentally stable people. I am not afraid of them but afraid of what they might eventually do. People that devout really scare me.
26-07-2012, 06:01 PM
(26-07-2012 11:47 AM)Sistanis Wrote:  I agree, They are kind of a joke now. And I do agree that we should ignore them ultimately. They are only after publicity as I think they are aware that no one takes them seriously. Although I am almost scared that if we do ignore them, after a while they might do something that demands attention, like hurt someone. I don't trust them at all, they are not mentally stable people. I am not afraid of them but afraid of what they might eventually do. People that devout really scare me.

I did consider that, but in the end, I think at least the leadership Westboro is too smart for that, at least in terms of their knowledge of the law, technically everything they do is legal, and I've seen them dodge lawsuits by the skin of their teeth due to first ammendment issues, don't take them for idiots. While this may mean that they're very hard to pin down legally, I also think it makes them a lot less likely to cross then line from legal harassment to domestic terrorism, its possible that a splinter group could split off from them, composed of a few individuals if ignoring them is successful, but I suspect such a group would be small and poorly organised, and not likely pose much of a threat.

I know what you mean about people that devout, their minds are alien to me, I can barely comprehend them, it can feel scary and overwhelming at times, imagining what a mind such as that is capable of, but take heart, look around you, you're not in this fight alone, we face our fears together, and together, we will defeat them.

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil which they set out to destroy.
- Christopher Dawson

Battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Epsilon's post
26-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I think you're dreaming if you think these cunts will just dissolve if their leader dies.
I mean look how much press coverage they get, look how much attention in general they get.
Someone will step up and they'll just carry on as per usual. I'd put money on it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-07-2012, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2012 01:48 PM by Buddy Christ.)
(Edit)

Nevermind, I'm making a new thread with this WBC vid.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-07-2012, 07:49 PM
(24-07-2012 01:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  I still do not get it, how is it that nobody killed them all yet? If they came to my sons funeral with those messages, I wouldn't hesitate a second, I would call my posse and would put in so much led into all these fucks, they would be called Westled Bapist Dead Church. Women and children included. Fuck them all!

Check out this site, this site, and this site. I'm sure you'll know what I'm thinking.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
06-08-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens
I can't wait for these idiots protest within driving distance of my house. I will get all my friends together with signs from godhatesshrimp.com and go protest them. I'd love to see what happens. If they eat shrimp, will they die right there because they violated gods law? Do they even know that is in there? If not, will they give a bunch of their followers the boot for starting to ask questions? I just hope they end up somewhere in New Jersey at some point.
06-08-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens
(23-07-2012 10:10 PM)apostasin Wrote:  
(23-07-2012 07:12 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Using the hashtag #ThankGodForTheShooter, Examiner.com reports members
tweeted out their plans to "super picket" the candle lit prayer service,
saying "God is at work in Colorado."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22...f=religion

Like I said, thank god!

If these low-lives actually have the gall to show their faces to the families of the victims, then it could be a volatile recipe for an even worse tragedy.

And how would someone going off the deap end killing the westboro croud be tragic exactly? I mean they are so stupid about every subject they touch, and there must be inbreading happening.
06-08-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens To 'Super Picket'
(30-07-2012 07:49 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  
(24-07-2012 01:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  I still do not get it, how is it that nobody killed them all yet? If they came to my sons funeral with those messages, I wouldn't hesitate a second, I would call my posse and would put in so much led into all these fucks, they would be called Westled Bapist Dead Church. Women and children included. Fuck them all!

Check out this site, this site, and this site. I'm sure you'll know what I'm thinking.

Now this is what I'm talking about! Thanks, love this.

Thumbsup

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson