Westboro Baptist vs Texas A&M

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Westboro Baptist vs Texas A&M
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-am-aggies-we...35347.html

yell practice (for the football games) was rescheduled to drown out the WBC .

reminds me of the girl in Salem.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-11-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Westboro Baptist vs Texas A&M
Westboro doesn't believe in what they are protesting. Their primary mission is to sue people who attack them for exercising their first amendment rights. A Westboro would love nothing better than to be assaulted. I believe the primary protestors are all members of the family and law is their chosen profession.

It would be one thing if they believed in what they protested. But to be doing it for the purpose of litigating, that's really sick.
14-11-2014, 03:07 PM
(14-11-2014 02:32 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/texas-am-aggies-we...35347.html

Did they at least say, "Please?" After the compassion thing and all, they should have been at least polite, yes?

Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
14-11-2014, 03:17 PM
(14-11-2014 02:53 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  Westboro doesn't believe in what they are protesting. Their primary mission is to sue people who attack them for exercising their first amendment rights. A Westboro would love nothing better than to be assaulted. I believe the primary protestors are all members of the family and law is their chosen profession.

It would be one thing if they believed in what they protested. But to be doing it for the purpose of litigating, that's really sick.

So you're telling me people sometimes use religion as a pretense for personal gain Gasp
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
14-11-2014, 03:40 PM
(14-11-2014 02:32 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/texas-am-aggies-we...35347.html

From linked article:

Quote:Their moral compasses have been broken by their parents, their teachers and their preachers," Steve Drain, a longtime Westboro member, told KBTX-TV. "From the time they were born, they were taught lies such as God loves everybody, and it's OK to be gay, and it's OK to divorce your wife and remarry another one."

It's not clear from the context whether he's talking about society in general, the school they're protesting, or the students who counter-protested. What is obvious is that he's not talking about WBC.

.... in case you missed it:

Quote:Their moral compasses have been broken by their parents, their teachers and their preachers

... is it just me, or is a stunning lack of self-awareness a prerequisite for being a religious fundamentalist?
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
14-11-2014, 04:29 PM
You have to flex those yelling pipes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-11-2014, 06:51 PM
One would think child services could get involved and remove those children from their WBC parents

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-11-2014, 02:48 AM
(14-11-2014 06:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One would think child services could get involved and remove those children from their WBC parents

You would think but since their "physical" lives are not in danger and they have "first amendment" and all that. There is nothing CS can do.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-11-2014, 07:18 AM
(16-11-2014 02:48 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 06:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One would think child services could get involved and remove those children from their WBC parents

You would think but since their "physical" lives are not in danger and they have "first amendment" and all that. There is nothing CS can do.

Not only that, but the majority of America is Christian. I think they all have a bit of a slippery slope fear. If the government infringes on that group, how long until it infringes on theirs? Now, this is just as spurious as any slippery slope argument, but it completely plays into the predictions of persecution they are taught, so I think Americans in general tolerate way more religious extremism than they otherwise have to.
16-11-2014, 08:53 AM
No true fag hater.