Westboro Baptist vs Texas A&M

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Westboro Baptist vs Texas A&M
(16-11-2014 07:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 02:48 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You would think but since their "physical" lives are not in danger and they have "first amendment" and all that. There is nothing CS can do.

Not only that, but the majority of America is Christian. I think they all have a bit of a slippery slope fear. If the government infringes on that group, how long until it infringes on theirs? Now, this is just as spurious as any slippery slope argument, but it completely plays into the predictions of persecution they are taught, so I think Americans in general tolerate way more religious extremism than they otherwise have to.

Probably for the same reason moderate muslims do not speak up against the radicals. Some combination of "maybe they are right" and "if I say something they might come after me next".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2014, 08:23 AM
They guy on the video clip who accused the WBC of taking bits from the bible out of context has not read it.

Drinking Beverage

17-11-2014, 08:32 AM
(17-11-2014 08:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  They guy on the video clip who accused the WBC of taking bits from the bible out of context has not read it.

Drinking Beverage

I've come to the conclusion that the "context" theists refer to is all their own personal experience that they bring to reading their favorite passages. They aren't talking about what the book actually says, they'retalking about what they want it to say.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP