Westboro Baptists at it again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Westboro Baptists at it again
these wing-nuts were going to protest at the 9 year old killed in Tucson last Saturday... it took a bribe of radio airtime to get them to not protest.... this is extortion is it not?? these people sicken me and push hate speech to its limits all in "gods" name... god speaks to them ya know... sheesh some peoples kids.. i tell ya
http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/01/ch...ont-picket
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2011, 12:50 PM
RE: Westboro Baptists at it again
I saw this story on CNN(I think(?))
The police said they were going to keep a football fields distance between the protestors and the funeral, and theres another church whos members are going to dress as angels... I kid you not, and make a barricade to stop the protestors.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2011, 07:57 PM
What are they protesting?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
14-01-2011, 11:55 PM

(14-01-2011 07:57 PM)No J. Wrote:  What are they protesting?

I'll look for their extorted rants... but mostly they hate humanity... anti-humanists.... sweet !!!
15-01-2011, 03:23 AM
(14-01-2011 07:57 PM)No J. Wrote:  What are they protesting?

I thought I had read that they were protesting the catholic church since the girls family was catholic. I could be mistaken though.

I wrote them a letter a few days back and have not gotten a response. Not that I expected one though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2011, 09:19 AM

below are just 2 links to some info on westboro.... their rants can be found on youtube... they are known for protesting the funeral of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan because "god killed them to hurt America for allowing gays to live". these people are out there, another jonesville or waco in the making... their hate speech is off the charts.... the first link shows a bit of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-sT9Vfi...re=related

http://kanewj.com/wbc/

http://www.csdaley.com/2011/01/westboro-...ready.html
15-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I am absolutely disgusted that someone cut a deal with these idiots. The answer to people like this is not to give them free air time.

As for the "angels", it was not a church organizing it but college students with members of the community. The plan was for them to dress as angels and strap really large wings to themselves for the purpose of shielding the mourners from having to even see these idiots. The organizers were asking participants to come and stand completely quietly. They did not want any signs, any counter protests, any noise at all. They were going out of their way to make this event about the family of an innocent 9 year old girl who was senselessly and needlessly murdered and not about the Westboro morons.

And then some idiots go and give these hateful swine free airtime. UFB. They do things like this because it gets them free publicity. When you give them press time and radio time, then they win. They threaten to show up at events like this for exactly the purpose of getting people to pay attention to them.

Btw, the "angels" idea came from how the Westboro morons were shut down after the murder of Mathew Sheppard in Wyoming in, I think, 1999. You can google and read about what they did there.

Silent_drgn - what would possess you to write them a letter?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-01-2011, 05:06 PM
(15-01-2011 09:19 AM)freethinker1 Wrote:  http://kanewj.com/wbc/

This report makes a huge amount of sense. I would guess that this is the most accurate document about the Westboro Baptist Church. The writer(s) have obviously in put a lot of observation and thought.

The descriptions of the actions of the members does match the idea that this is an elaborate money making scam and not the work of an incompatant idiot. This shit is as evil as the third reich and the history of the catholic church.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
15-01-2011, 09:20 PM
If they were atheists do you think they'd get away with it? I know for sure that in the UK only religions can get away with hate speech, and even then people get arrested when it's taken too far.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
15-01-2011, 10:15 PM
(15-01-2011 09:20 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  If they were atheists do you think they'd get away with it?

Not for ten seconds after they opened their mouths. They would be sitting in jail while religions world wide would be using them to demonstrate how evil atheists are.