Westboro is coming to my college

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2011, 05:09 PM
RE: Westboro is coming to my college
(04-10-2011 04:17 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(04-10-2011 03:55 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  They came to St. Loser, and it was quite tragic. Some moron happened to be walking by them while carrying a bag with four bottles of ammonia. He must have been jostled for something, because he dropped the bag. Given the sorry state of packaging these days the tops came off all four bottles, creating a noxious cloud of fumes. The event broke up quickly. The cops bought the dude beers.

Ha...

And how much did WB sue them for? That's one of their favorite hobbies.
"He" hasn't seen a lawyer at all. WB knew they'd been pwned on that one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Does your school have a paintball team? That maybe hunts each other across campus? Because it would be a shame if the church folk kind of, got in the line of fire. Just sayin.'

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvilMomLady's post
04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
LOVE BOMB them!!!
05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Ignore it. Go enjoy a movie that day or visit relatives that weekend.

If you must give it some attention create a 'silent' campaign. Get all the students, town, and faculty involved. Don't throw a wild party, parade, counter protest, just have a silent day where everyone ignores them, walks past them. They would be protesting to a ghost town, that would really stuff it to them.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like monkeyshine89's post
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
(05-10-2011 12:43 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Ignore it. Go enjoy a movie that day or visit relatives that weekend.

If you must give it some attention create a 'silent' campaign. Get all the students, town, and faculty involved. Don't throw a wild party, parade, counter protest, just have a silent day where everyone ignores them, walks past them. They would be protesting to a ghost town, that would really stuff it to them.

The problem there is that they will be the only voice heard.
05-10-2011, 01:22 PM
(05-10-2011 12:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 12:43 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Ignore it. Go enjoy a movie that day or visit relatives that weekend.

No... The idea is to silence them. The only way to give them a voice at all is for people to listen. They won't change. Don't give them a megaphone.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 06:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-10-2011 07:48 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  LOVE BOMB them!!!

I'm a big fan of LOVE BOMBS. Unfortunately they require at least a shred of conscience to be effective. Won't work on this bunch.

(05-10-2011 01:22 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Don't give them a megaphone.

What about a special megaphone which first delivered a dose of helium every time the button was pressed? I'd go for that. ... Hell, I think I could even design and engineer that. Hell, now that I think of it I might even be able to make some money off that as a party favor. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-10-2011, 06:07 PM
(05-10-2011 01:22 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 12:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

No... The idea is to silence them. The only way to give them a voice at all is for people to listen. They won't change. Don't give them a megaphone.
You don't have to play their game, but you do have to make sure they're not the only voice heard. You can counter-demonstrate without being the same kind of idiot they are.

Hiding from them just gives them the megaphone.
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
(05-10-2011 06:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You don't have to play their game, but you do have to make sure they're not the only voice heard. You can counter-demonstrate without being the same kind of idiot they are.

Hiding from them just gives them the megaphone.

It's not hiding, it's actually proactive. You have to make sure they don't have a voice. Then they just vanish.

As far as us having a voice, I can think of a whole lot better things to say than waste time trying trying to speak them down. What's there to say or do that would actually make a difference? The highest probability is they will be the only ones heard no matter how loud we are. They are the entertaining factor in the media, not us. Make them disappear in the media and no one hears them at all.

Now if the point is for us to have a good time and make fun of them and find things to do that get into the media, maybe try to make them look bad... then that's what you get. And what do they get? All that hype! All that attention. All that media coverage a bit of money from other idiots, and in their minds that's what it's all about, money, power and heavenly scout badges. The more they get to look like the victim, the more of all the above they get. And what do we get in return? Nada... and maybe a lot of negative feedback. The fundamentals with back them in a second before they will ever stand on the side of non-believers and make us look as much the fool as they are.

Our voice should be heard with a message that is better than what they have to offer not a voice that has to react to them.

Make them disappear!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
05-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Well, I'm not going to sit quietly in a corner while they have the only say on an issue. What you do is up to you.