Westboro is coming to my college

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
RE: Westboro is coming to my college
(05-10-2011 10:27 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Well, I'm not going to sit quietly in a corner while they have the only say on an issue.

Sure.

Ask yourself why? I don't need that answer.

What you do defines you.

My last post on this issue. Good luck.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2011, 10:53 PM
(05-10-2011 10:40 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 10:27 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Well, I'm not going to sit quietly in a corner while they have the only say on an issue.

Sure.

What you do defines you.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Look, I did say about my idea for a party and I still think of it as a good idea for multiple reasons. One of the reasons is loud music, so nobody would hear them, or pay any attention to them. Other reasons are good fun and contra-Westboro message. But it is a fact that whatever you say or do to them directly will only benefit them. If you do ignore them, they will say what they have to and go away. If you look at the videos where they protest, you can see that all the by-passers are showing them the middle finger and saying all sorts of FU messages. That means that people are not that stupid, they see them as they are and there is no need to protest against them, because nobody has ever come to them and congratulate them for telling the truth. They do enough damage to themselves alone. What you should do is congratulate them, but do it in a gay way. Come to them, say you just love how they operate and what message they send. Actually, if you are not gay, get somebody that is, and then instead of telling them go go F* themselves, tell them how great they are, how truth has to be said, be very supportive to them. That would piss them off more than anything else. You have to be all loving and supportive to them, because they expect the opposite and your hate fuels them.

So it would be something like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5mfG0vO8o (already shown 2 pages ago, but great video)

You have to be careful, they are not your regular type of evil people.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-10-2011, 02:19 AM
(05-10-2011 10:53 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 10:40 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  

Sure.

What you do defines you.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

You don't get it do you?

These people are TROLLS. They have some sort of mental problem or disease that makes them crave attention, any attention.

I don't know how in touch you are with the internet culture, but you should know this common phrase, 'don't feed the trolls'.

All trolls feed on attention, they say shocking statements to get a rise out of people, if you are acting all pissed off and make a big to do about them, then they feel satisfaction. You have been trolled.

Trolls never feel remorse, they do not feel shame, the only one way to make a troll go away, is to ignore them.

Sure they will have their death throes, do more crazy things for attention, but in the end, if we continue going about our lives, acting like they are just part of the scenery, they will eventually stop.

It's people like you, and the media that keeps them going strong, stop it. If you really hate them and their message so much, silence them, forever.

Please.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post
06-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Monkeyshines, perhaps I do "get it" but I don't agree with your program. Ever think of that?
06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
(06-10-2011 06:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Monkeyshines, perhaps I do "get it" but I don't agree with your program. Ever think of that?

It's not a 'program' it's just a fact of life, and you my friend are feeding the trolls, whether or not you want to admit it.

I still don't think you get it, because so far you've shown yourself to have more in common with them by being headstrong and stubborn.

But you know what, you do what you want to do, you can stand out with a sign and give them the attention they crave.

Just don't go crying back here when your plan does not work.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
06-10-2011, 10:44 AM
OK.. I'm back in.... gotta say something....

Monkey... I agree 100% I stand by my position hands down.

But.. Filox... There is something wickedly brilliant about that idea. It could actually work. I just don't think it is possible. With the perspective of people like gawdzilla it would blow back in your face. It only takes a couple like that to screw it up. That kind of self-absorbed attitude is why WBC gets so much attention in the first place and WBC knows it. Do you realize how much self control it would take to pull your idea off? But I love it.

06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
(06-10-2011 07:12 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  
(06-10-2011 06:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Monkeyshines, perhaps I do "get it" but I don't agree with your program. Ever think of that?

It's not a 'program' it's just a fact of life, and you my friend are feeding the trolls, whether or not you want to admit it.

I still don't think you get it, because so far you've shown yourself to have more in common with them by being headstrong and stubborn.

But you know what, you do what you want to do, you can stand out with a sign and give them the attention they crave.

Just don't go crying back here when your plan does not work.
You do want you need to do, I'll do what I need to do. Your plan didn't work in Italy in the 1920s, or Germany in the 1930s.
06-10-2011, 12:00 PM
(06-10-2011 11:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You do want you need to do, I'll do what I need to do.

Thanks for proving our point...

06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
(06-10-2011 12:00 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  
(06-10-2011 11:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You do want you need to do, I'll do what I need to do.

Thanks for proving our point...

You don't need my help to show that you're not going to do anything about a problem. Would you get out of bed if it was on fire? Or just lay there waiting for someone to put it out. Or maybe you just want to avoid bothering other people so you let it burn? And the fire takes out the rest of the house, with occupants. Good planning.

As for your reply, first stop and ask yourself if I care at all about it.