Western Canadian minister of parliament quits party to defend his creationist belief.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Western Canadian minister of parliament quits party to defend his creationist belief.
Veteran Conservative MP James Lunney, who has repeatedly expressed skepticism about the theory of evolution, is quitting the Tory caucus, citing a deliberate attempt to “suppress a Christian worldview” at the “senior levels” of politics.

What would you say if you voted for this person? I mean if you are going to change parties because of a belief instead of the direction the party is going, then shouldn't your constituents need to know your beliefs before they vote for you. Otherwise, stick to the policy of the government and keep your, what I would call silly, beliefs out of politics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: Western Canadian minister of parliament quits party to defend his creationist belief.
I wish we Americans could get our loons away from the levers of power like this.

If I had voted for him knowing and approving his anti-scientific views, I'd be disappointed that he's leaving. But thankfully I'm not that blind.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-04-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Western Canadian minister of parliament quits party to defend his creationist belief.
I'd be wondering how good he'd be at being a politician at all with that point of view. I'd want a politician that could reason and be logical and be able to look at issues from all sides. I don't see how he could.
01-04-2015, 09:31 AM
I can't help but think of Klingenschmitt's current situation:
Quote:The leader of the House Republicans on Monday stripped Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt from one of his two committee posts, saying the lawmaker's "curse of God" comments about a woman whose fetus was ripped from her womb were in "poor taste" and "insensitive."
"This is the curse of God upon America for our sin of not protecting innocent children in the womb, and part of that curse for our rebellion against God as a nation is that our pregnant women are ripped open," Klingenschmitt said.
In an e-mail, he protested being bounced from his committee.

"I am literally being punished for quoting unpopular Bible verses in my Sunday church, or interpreting the Old Testament differently than Leader DelGrosso interprets it, during my private ministry outside the Capitol. Is that suddenly a crime?" he wrote in the e-mail.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_278165...rt-weighed

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-04-2015, 10:30 AM
At least we can denounce these kinds of beliefs. That's not to say there aren't plenty of people who still have them - here in Ontario, too - but they're overnight liabilities.

... this is my signature!