What “thinking atheists” don’t think about.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: What “thinking atheists” don’t think about.
Obviously my title for this thread was appropriate. I will fire one last parting shot and then I am gone. I am obviously not wanted here.

Two survivors of mortal head wounds:

Revelation 13:3: One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

"3. In the mean time, Josephus, as he was going round the city, had his head wounded by a stone that was thrown at him; upon which he fell down as giddy. Upon which fall of his the Jews made a sally, and he had been hurried away into the city, if Caesar had not sent men to protect him immediately; and as these men were fighting, Josephus was taken up, though he heard little of what was done. So the seditious supposed they had now slain that man whom they were the most desirous of killing, and made thereupon a great noise, in way of rejoicing. This accident was told in the city, and the multitude that remained became very disconsolate at the news, as being persuaded that he was really dead, on whose account alone they could venture to desert to the Romans. But when Josephus's mother heard in prison that her son was dead, she said to those that watched about her, That she had always been of opinion, since the siege of Jotapata, [that he would be slain,] and she should never enjoy him alive any more. She also made great lamentation privately to the maid-servants that were about her, and said, That this was all the advantage she had of bringing so extraordinary a person as this son into the world; that she should not be able even to bury that son of hers, by whom she expected to have been buried herself. However, this false report did not put his mother to pain, nor afford merriment to the robbers, long; for Josephus soon recovered of his wound, and came out, and cried out aloud, That it would not be long ere they should be punished for this wound they had given him. He also made a fresh exhortation to the people to come out upon the security that would be given them. This sight of Josephus encouraged the people greatly, and brought a great consternation upon the seditious." (Wars of the Jews, Book 5, Chapter 13, paragraph 3)

Two accounts with a Simon, Rufus and Purple cloak:

"And now Simon, thinking he might be able to astonish and elude the Romans, put on a white frock, and buttoned upon him a purple cloak, and appeared out of the ground in the place where the temple had formerly been. At the first, indeed, those that saw him were greatly astonished, and stood still where they were; but afterward they came nearer to him, and asked him who he was. Now Simon would not tell them, but bid them call for their captain; and when they ran to call him, Terentius Rufus who was left to command the army there, came to Simon, and learned of him the whole truth, and kept him in bonds, and let Caesar know that he was taken." (Josephus’ Wars of the Jews, Book 7, Chapter 2, paragraph 1)

Mark 15: 17 They put a purple robe on him (Jesus), then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him. 18 And they began to call out to him, “Hail, king of the Jews!” 19 Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him. 21 A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross.

Two accounts of men "hanging" themselves linked by an "error":

Matthew 27:3: When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

Jeremiah 38:10 Then the king commanded Ebed-Melech the Cushite, "Take thirty men from here with you and lift Jeremiah the prophet out of the cistern before he dies." 11 So Ebed-Melech took the men with him and went to a room under the treasury in the palace. He took some old rags and worn-out clothes from there and let them down with ropes to Jeremiah in the cistern. 12 Ebed-Melech the Cushite said to Jeremiah, "Put these old rags and worn-out clothes under your arms to pad the ropes." Jeremiah did so, 13 and they pulled him up with the ropes and lifted him out of the cistern. And Jeremiah remained in the courtyard of the guard.

Two accounts of weeping from Tekoa:

2 Samuel 14:1 “Joab son of Zeruiah knew that the king’s heart longed for Absalom. 2 So Joab sent someone to Tekoa and had a wise woman brought from there. He said to her, ‘Pretend you are in mourning. Dress in mourning clothes, and don’t use any cosmetic lotions. Act like a woman who has spent many days grieving for the dead. 3 Then go to the king and speak these words to him.’ And Joab put the words in her mouth.”

“And when I was sent by Titus Caesar with Cerealins, and a thousand horsemen, to a certain village called Thecoa, in order to know whether it were a place fit for a camp, as I came back, I saw many captives crucified, and remembered three of them as my former acquaintance. I was very sorry at this in my mind, and went with tears in my eyes to Titus, and told him of them; so he immediately commanded them to be taken down, and to have the greatest care taken of them, in order to their recovery; yet two of them died under the physician's hands, while the third recovered.” (Life of Josephus, paragraph 75)

The name "Absalom" means "father of peace" so the phrase "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God" could be viewed as including Absalom. Doesn't anyone think it is strange that Josephus' contemporaries (Tacitus & Tranquillus) have names that suggest silence? And Josephus brings in yet another "silent" participant when he writes“… and there kept my forces together, pretending to get ready to fight with Placidus…” (Life of Josephus, paragraph 43) “(Baptism) is called ‘silence’ because of the quiet and the tranquility.” (The Tripartite Tractate)

"'...they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding...'"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 03:26 PM
(08-06-2015 03:23 PM)Anti-oil Wrote:  "'...they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding...'"

There you go again, you seem to be proud that he is so nasty to people.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-06-2015, 03:28 PM
At work.

If this is to be your last post, then we shan't have a chance to interact. Sad

Much cheers to all.
08-06-2015, 03:30 PM
(08-06-2015 03:23 PM)Anti-oil Wrote:  Obviously my title for this thread was appropriate. I will fire one last parting shot and then I am gone. I am obviously not wanted here.

Revelation 13:3: One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

"3. In the mean time, Josephus, as he was going round the city, had his head wounded by a stone that was thrown at him; upon which he fell down as giddy. Upon which fall of his the Jews made a sally, and he had been hurried away into the city, if Caesar had not sent men to protect him immediately; and as these men were fighting, Josephus was taken up, though he heard little of what was done. So the seditious supposed they had now slain that man whom they were the most desirous of killing, and made thereupon a great noise, in way of rejoicing. This accident was told in the city, and the multitude that remained became very disconsolate at the news, as being persuaded that he was really dead, on whose account alone they could venture to desert to the Romans. But when Josephus's mother heard in prison that her son was dead, she said to those that watched about her, That she had always been of opinion, since the siege of Jotapata, [that he would be slain,] and she should never enjoy him alive any more. She also made great lamentation privately to the maid-servants that were about her, and said, That this was all the advantage she had of bringing so extraordinary a person as this son into the world; that she should not be able even to bury that son of hers, by whom she expected to have been buried herself. However, this false report did not put his mother to pain, nor afford merriment to the robbers, long; for Josephus soon recovered of his wound, and came out, and cried out aloud, That it would not be long ere they should be punished for this wound they had given him. He also made a fresh exhortation to the people to come out upon the security that would be given them. This sight of Josephus encouraged the people greatly, and brought a great consternation upon the seditious." (Wars of the Jews, Book 5, Chapter 13, paragraph 3)

"And now Simon, thinking he might be able to astonish and elude the Romans, put on a white frock, and buttoned upon him a purple cloak, and appeared out of the ground in the place where the temple had formerly been. At the first, indeed, those that saw him were greatly astonished, and stood still where they were; but afterward they came nearer to him, and asked him who he was. Now Simon would not tell them, but bid them call for their captain; and when they ran to call him, Terentius Rufus who was left to command the army there, came to Simon, and learned of him the whole truth, and kept him in bonds, and let Caesar know that he was taken." (Josephus’ Wars of the Jews, Book 7, Chapter 2, paragraph 1)

Mark 15: 17 They put a purple robe on him (Jesus), then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him. 18 And they began to call out to him, “Hail, king of the Jews!” 19 Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him. 21 A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross.

Matthew 27:3: When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

Jeremiah 38:10 Then the king commanded Ebed-Melech the Cushite, "Take thirty men from here with you and lift Jeremiah the prophet out of the cistern before he dies." 11 So Ebed-Melech took the men with him and went to a room under the treasury in the palace. He took some old rags and worn-out clothes from there and let them down with ropes to Jeremiah in the cistern. 12 Ebed-Melech the Cushite said to Jeremiah, "Put these old rags and worn-out clothes under your arms to pad the ropes." Jeremiah did so, 13 and they pulled him up with the ropes and lifted him out of the cistern. And Jeremiah remained in the courtyard of the guard.

2 Samuel 14:1 “Joab son of Zeruiah knew that the king’s heart longed for Absalom. 2 So Joab sent someone to Tekoa and had a wise woman brought from there. He said to her, ‘Pretend you are in mourning. Dress in mourning clothes, and don’t use any cosmetic lotions. Act like a woman who has spent many days grieving for the dead. 3 Then go to the king and speak these words to him.’ And Joab put the words in her mouth.”

“And when I was sent by Titus Caesar with Cerealins, and a thousand horsemen, to a certain village called Thecoa, in order to know whether it were a place fit for a camp, as I came back, I saw many captives crucified, and remembered three of them as my former acquaintance. I was very sorry at this in my mind, and went with tears in my eyes to Titus, and told him of them; so he immediately commanded them to be taken down, and to have the greatest care taken of them, in order to their recovery; yet two of them died under the physician's hands, while the third recovered.” (Life of Josephus, paragraph 75)

The name "Absalom" means "father of peace" so the phrase "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God" could be viewed as including Absalom. Doesn't anyone think it is strange that Josephus' contemporaries (Tacitus & Tranquillus) have names that suggest silence? And Josephus brings in yet another "silent" participant when he writes“… and there kept my forces together, pretending to get ready to fight with Placidus…” (Life of Josephus, paragraph 43) “(Baptism) is called ‘silence’ because of the quiet and the tranquility.” (The Tripartite Tractate)

"'...they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding...'"

I imagine anyone is welcome, but don't expect people to agree with you because you want them too. Especially when you come peddling BS religious arguments and mass generalizations about atheists.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-06-2015, 03:33 PM
(08-06-2015 03:23 PM)Anti-oil Wrote:  Obviously my title for this thread was appropriate. I will fire one last parting shot and then I am gone. I am obviously not wanted here.

Since the Bible is the claim and not the proof quoting it is a waste of time. Got anything else?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-06-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 05:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)

"Doesn't anyone think it is strange that Josephus' contemporaries (Tacitus & Tranquillus) have names that suggest silence?"
No.
Anyone can string together any set of words and claim they are "linked'' and mean something.
You forgot the Invisibility Cloak for Harry P.
Of course, (like all insane people) YOU alone have seen and figured out the *real* truth.
You're very very special. Thumbsup

LMAO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2015, 05:28 PM
IF BIBLE THE BIBLE

BIBLE

THEREFORE BIBLE

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

Give me a fucking break. I mean, are you even trying?

answer: no

... this is my signature!
[+] 8 users Like cjlr's post
08-06-2015, 05:43 PM
(08-06-2015 03:23 PM)Anti-oil Wrote:  I will fire one last parting shot and then I am gone.

Here is the thing, you came here to attack. Not to converse.

Why did you do that?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-06-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 06:01 PM by cjlr.)
(08-06-2015 05:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 03:23 PM)Anti-oil Wrote:  I will fire one last parting shot and then I am gone.

Here is the thing, you came here to attack. Not to converse.

Why did you do that?

As a True Believer™, he's not allowed to masturbate normally.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
08-06-2015, 05:45 PM
(08-06-2015 05:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 05:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Here is the thing, you came here to attack. Not to converse.

Why did you do that?

As a True Believing Christian ™, he's not allowed to masturbate normally.

He can only masturbate while nailed to a cross.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post