What Am I?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: What Am I?
(17-01-2016 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 07:58 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I do not accept that anything is absolutely true or absolutely exists other than these thoughts. These thoughts do exist and it would be illogical to dismiss it.

Assertion are not arguments. You have provided not a shred of any argument there. You a "philosopher" ?

Bwawawawawawa.

Your "thoughts" do not "exist". What you perceive as "thoughts" are actually electrical firing patterns in a brain that have been "assembled" and are now in the past. (Proven by neuro-science).
So no. Your thoughts do not exist. You might try taking a class in science some day.
Then that would mean they do exist in the form of "electrical firing patterns".
You haven't disproved that thoughts exist. You have only given evidence as to what they exist as.
Thoughts are defined as "the process of thinking" which you have now added to by claiming they are "electrical firing patterns". This only describes what the process of thinking looks like.
Your argument lacks correlation.The conclusion does not follow the Premise & is therefore invalid
Premise: Thoughts are electrical firing patterns.
Conclusion: Thoughts do not exist.
Invalid
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
17-01-2016, 10:05 PM
[quote moron]
You haven't disproved that thoughts exist. You have only given evidence as to what they exist as.
Thoughts are defined as "the process of thinking" which you have now added to by claiming they are "electrical firing patterns". This only describes what the process of thinking looks like.
Your argument lacks correlation.The conclusion does not follow the Premise & is therefore invalid
Invalid
[/quote]

I am now convinced you are a troll.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 10:14 PM
(17-01-2016 09:11 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Assertion are not arguments. You have provided not a shred of any argument there. You a "philosopher" ?

Bwawawawawawa.

Your "thoughts" do not "exist". What you perceive as "thoughts" are actually electrical firing patterns in a brain that have been "assembled" and are now in the past. (Proven by neuro-science).
So no. Your thoughts do not exist. You might try taking a class in science some day.
Invalid

I did not attempt to prove anything. Neuro-science (and apparently not you) KNOWS what thoughts are, and have seen them on PET scans. By the time your brain assembles a 'thought" the firing is already over, and past. It's been PROVEN by science. It has nothing to do with your piss-poor "logic". That may be how YOU define "thoughts". Neuro-science does not. The statement "you argument lacks correlation" is a meaningless string of words. I had no premise, and no conclusion, Mr. Anal Retentive Philosophy Newbie. I stated a scientific fact, (something you obviously have no knowledge of).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-01-2016, 10:48 PM
(17-01-2016 10:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:11 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Then that would mean they do exist in the form of "electrical firing patterns".
Invalid

I did not attempt to prove anything. Neuro-science (and apparently not you) KNOWS what thoughts are, and have seen them on PET scans. By the time your brain assembles a 'thought" the firing is already over, and past. It's been PROVEN by science. It has nothing to do with your piss-poor "logic". That may be how YOU define "thoughts". Neuro-science does not. The statement "you argument lacks correlation" is a meaningless string of words. I had no premise, and no conclusion, Mr. Anal Retentive Philosophy Newbie. I stated a scientific fact, (something you obviously have no knowledge of).
You are correct in that you have not proven anything. You haven't disproven anything either. All you did was describe what a thought is.
Neuroscience does not deny the existence of thoughts. They call it "the process of thinking" & describe it as "electrical firing synapses" along with many other details.
I have never came across a neuroscience article that denies the existence of thoughts as a "process of thinking".
Why do you keep making the claim "thoughts do not exist". Your claim is not backed by any form of science.
Please post your references if you are going to make such an unpopular claim.
Here are some examples of Neuroscience confirming the existence of thoughts:
http://neurosciencenews.com/human-though...-in-brain/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_neuroscience
17-01-2016, 10:58 PM
(17-01-2016 10:48 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 10:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I did not attempt to prove anything. Neuro-science (and apparently not you) KNOWS what thoughts are, and have seen them on PET scans. By the time your brain assembles a 'thought" the firing is already over, and past. It's been PROVEN by science. It has nothing to do with your piss-poor "logic". That may be how YOU define "thoughts". Neuro-science does not. The statement "you argument lacks correlation" is a meaningless string of words. I had no premise, and no conclusion, Mr. Anal Retentive Philosophy Newbie. I stated a scientific fact, (something you obviously have no knowledge of).
You are correct in that you have not proven anything. You haven't disproven anything either. All you did was describe what a thought is.
Neuroscience does not deny the existence of thoughts. They call it "the process of thinking" & describe it as "electrical firing synapses" along with many other details.
I have never came across a neuroscience article that denies the existence of thoughts as a "process of thinking".
Why do you keep making the claim "thoughts do not exist". Your claim is not backed by any form of science.

More evasion, mischaracterization and poor reading comprehension. I see English is not your primary language. Read what I said again. Maybe you'll get it. I doubt it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-01-2016, 12:00 AM
(17-01-2016 10:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 10:48 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You are correct in that you have not proven anything. You haven't disproven anything either. All you did was describe what a thought is.

More evasion, mischaracterization and poor reading comprehension. I see English is not your primary language. Read what I said again. Maybe you'll get it. I doubt it.
Well at one point you were claiming thoughts weren't real. Based on the last few posts it would appear you have changed either your stance or the popular definition of thoughts.
18-01-2016, 12:03 AM
(18-01-2016 12:00 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 10:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  More evasion, mischaracterization and poor reading comprehension. I see English is not your primary language. Read what I said again. Maybe you'll get it. I doubt it.
Well at one point you were claiming thoughts weren't real. Based on the last few posts it would appear you have changed either your stance or the popular definition of thoughts.

Actually he said that, but the context seems to have confused you. Go back and read it 5 times.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:23 AM
(18-01-2016 12:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:00 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Well at one point you were claiming thoughts weren't real. Based on the last few posts it would appear you have changed either your stance or the popular definition of thoughts.

Actually he said that, but the context seems to have confused you. Go back and read it 5 times.
Still unsure where his stance lies now. His last post he was defending the existence of thoughts.
All the same science acknowledges the existence of thoughts:
http://michaelbalchan.com/braininfrastru...vid=4s4TeL
Anatomy of a Thought
When you have a thought, an electrical signal passes back and forth between the various neurons responsible for that thought. Because the brain is always trying to become more efficient, every time two cells communicate with one another the brain makes it easier for them to do so in the future by building up the connection between them. Technically, it does this by building a myelin sheath2 around the axon, which facilitates the transmission of the electrical signal.
The more you have a thought, the more the sheath gets built up, and the easier it is for electrical signals to pass between cells. The easier it is for electrical signals to pass, the easier it becomes to have the same thought in the future. As the father of neuropsychology Dr. Donald O. Hebb famously said, “neurons that fire together wire together.”
The process can be thought of as similar to the way that construction crews might add another lane to a well traveled street or highway to make it easier for cars to travel. Every time you have a thought it’s like giving a signal to the construction crews that more thought-traffic is coming, so they prepare by building more infrastructure.
18-01-2016, 12:32 AM
(18-01-2016 12:23 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Actually he said that, but the context seems to have confused you. Go back and read it 5 times.
Still unsure where his stance lies now. His last post he was defending the existence of thoughts.
Anatomy of a Thought
When you have a thought, an electrical signal passes back and forth between the various neurons responsible for that thought. Because the brain is always trying to become more efficient, every time two cells communicate with one another the brain makes it easier for them to do so in the future by building up the connection between them. Technically, it does this by building a myelin sheath2 around the axon, which facilitates the transmission of the electrical signal.
The more you have a thought, the more the sheath gets built up, and the easier it is for electrical signals to pass between cells. The easier it is for electrical signals to pass, the easier it becomes to have the same thought in the future. As the father of neuropsychology Dr. Donald O. Hebb famously said, “neurons that fire together wire together.”
The process can be thought of as similar to the way that construction crews might add another lane to a well traveled street or highway to make it easier for cars to travel. Every time you have a thought it’s like giving a signal to the construction crews that more thought-traffic is coming, so they prepare by building more infrastructure.

[Image: bfc717bbdf71b3cb68ae886bb3649a8c.jpg]

Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:37 AM
(18-01-2016 12:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:23 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Still unsure where his stance lies now. His last post he was defending the existence of thoughts.
Anatomy of a Thought

[Image: bfc717bbdf71b3cb68ae886bb3649a8c.jpg]
Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.