What Americans eat....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: What Americans eat....
So what is your diet?

Lots of kale? And?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Radioactive fish I'm guessing.

27-09-2013, 08:03 PM
(27-09-2013 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what is your diet?

Lots of kale? And?

It would be far too much to explain here. Honestly, it's more of a philosophy on eating. The reason I've avoided going into details is because not only does it make me kinda uncomfortable, but also because I knew I'd never really explain everything I did on the forum. Since it's a whole lotta "show-me-the-evidence" types around here (myself included) I figured I'd avoid it all and just keep the details to myself.

Suffice to say, nearly all my "food talk" revolves around the way I eat now. Not as strict as some would think, but a great improvement on the "average North American Diet", whatever the hell that is! Lol. I'll keep sharin in the food section. You'll get a ton of my diet right from my recipes.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
27-09-2013, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 08:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-09-2013 12:05 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Lotta false information in that article, but I get what Dom is pointing out. Culturally (in north America anyways) the general pop just doesn't look at the food they put into them carefully enough.

This is the first time I've been willing to announce this publicly: I am officially (for now) cancer free. With the exception of a couple of tumors on the outside of my skull that were removed surgically, I treated myself SOLELY with food. (yes, I also smoke lots of marijuana, but I don't really have the evidence to credit the weed with killing my cancer. Sorry Filox. Don't worry though buddy, we'll get that evidence eventually!)

Sure, you get people like GT who can eat whatever and stay healthy. But that is the exception, not the rule. Food matters a lot. Tons more than I think 90% of people think. You are MADE of food. You are POWERED by food. You are HEALED by food. Why the hell would you eat something that has even a remote chance of doing you harm?

A good rule of thumb to help avoid the vast majority of potentially harmful shit in your food? Easy. Just make sure that anything you buy with an ingredient list doesn't list anything you can't buy, in the grocery store, as a stand alone item. Not a perfect system, but it's a start.

Sorry. I'm a bit immersed in the topic, as I'm sure you guys can imagine. Wink

HOLY SHIT Stark. Did you have a glioblastoma ? If so, do you actually get how unusual your "case" is ? That is SO fucking fantastic. !!!!!
We need to send the investigators to your door, like tomorrow.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

28-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Americans are going to evolve into whale-people. We're going to become the reverse (and quite frightening) Falmer of society. Sad

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
28-09-2013, 09:22 AM
(28-09-2013 09:20 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Americans are going to evolve into whale-people. We're going to become the reverse (and quite frightening) Falmer of society. Sad

Well you're already stupid as a nation so that's a start. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-09-2013, 09:37 AM
(28-09-2013 09:22 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-09-2013 09:20 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Americans are going to evolve into whale-people. We're going to become the reverse (and quite frightening) Falmer of society. Sad

Well you're already stupid as a nation so that's a start. Big Grin

Before you derail this:

[Image: tumblr_mozzrmuFsd1rnq3y0o1_500.gif]

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-09-2013, 10:03 AM
(27-09-2013 08:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what is your diet?

Lots of kale? And?

It would be far too much to explain here. Honestly, it's more of a philosophy on eating. The reason I've avoided going into details is because not only does it make me kinda uncomfortable, but also because I knew I'd never really explain everything I did on the forum. Since it's a whole lotta "show-me-the-evidence" types around here (myself included) I figured I'd avoid it all and just keep the details to myself.

Suffice to say, nearly all my "food talk" revolves around the way I eat now. Not as strict as some would think, but a great improvement on the "average North American Diet", whatever the hell that is! Lol. I'll keep sharin in the food section. You'll get a ton of my diet right from my recipes.

Good, because I really want to know, and I don't care about proof because I know that there is too much unknown there to be able to explain everything, never mind prove it all.

When it comes to food, science hasn't even begun to scratch the surface.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-09-2013, 10:49 AM
(28-09-2013 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  When it comes to food, science hasn't even begun to scratch the surface.

Yup. One of many examples, Breast Cancer Effectively Treated with Chemical Found in Celery, Parsley. Western medicine is only now starting to catch up to what Traditional Chinese Medicine has known for thousands of years. There are a couple of reasons for this I think. One is that Western Medicine considers something anecdotal until double-blind clinical trials are run and plausible mechanisms of action identified whereas TCM is far more results-oriented. A bigger problem is that Big Pharma has no incentive to fund clinical studies on treatments which can be found in your grocery store. In fact they have a disincentive. And, for example, it may be hard to eat enough celery to get a therapeutic dose of apignenin. The last one is easily overcome. Juice it. Big Grin

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-09-2013, 11:37 AM
(28-09-2013 10:49 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2013 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  When it comes to food, science hasn't even begun to scratch the surface.

Yup. A bigger problem is that Big Pharma has no incentive to fund clinical studies on treatments which can be found in your grocery store. In fact they have a disincentive.

Yup. Exactly. Smile