What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-01-2016, 03:14 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(19-01-2016 03:05 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I just started it but for now at least it is good. Obviously it's about Kursk but author starts with describing what caused Kursk to happen, going back to Barbarossa and Fall Blau.

Should I order it?

If you're interested in WW II then probably yes. But if you already know more than something about Kursk I doubt that book will be of great relevance to you. It's start good but it won't be Hillberg Destruction of European Jews or Pipes Russian Revolution I suppose.

It's part of the series popular in Poland touching little known aspects of history. Going by other titles it will be good - it certainly started that way - but revolution it is not.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2016, 03:18 AM
(19-01-2016 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:05 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Should I order it?

If you're interested in WW II then probably yes. But if you already know more than something about Kursk I doubt that book will be of great relevance to you. It's start good but it won't be Hillberg Destruction of European Jews or Pipes Russian Revolution I suppose.

It's part of the series popular in Poland touching little known aspects of history. Going by other titles it will be good - it certainly started that way - but revolution it is not.

What what more books! You are trying to send me broke! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-01-2016, 03:26 AM
(19-01-2016 03:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If you're interested in WW II then probably yes. But if you already know more than something about Kursk I doubt that book will be of great relevance to you. It's start good but it won't be Hillberg Destruction of European Jews or Pipes Russian Revolution I suppose.

What what more books! You are trying to send me broke! Big Grin

It's about 20 of them ranging from subject of psychology of SD members of Einsatzkommandos to Nixon support of Yahya regime and genocide in Pakistan. There also books about Gulags and Tito internment camps. Some are works of obscure authors, some are written by luminaries such as Christopher Browning.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-01-2016, 03:29 AM
(19-01-2016 03:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  What what more books! You are trying to send me broke! Big Grin

It's about 20 of them ranging from subject of psychology of SD members of Einsatzkommandos to Nixon support of Yahya regime and genocide in Pakistan. There also books about Gulags and Tito internment camps. Some are works of obscure authors, some are written by luminaries such as Christopher Browning.

Oh fuck! I'm on a pension dude! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-01-2016, 03:33 AM
(19-01-2016 03:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's about 20 of them ranging from subject of psychology of SD members of Einsatzkommandos to Nixon support of Yahya regime and genocide in Pakistan. There also books about Gulags and Tito internment camps. Some are works of obscure authors, some are written by luminaries such as Christopher Browning.

Oh fuck! I'm on a pension dude! Smile

Well I would be homeless if I would buy every book that catch my interest, but after all there is only one good knowledge, and only one evil ignorance.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-01-2016, 03:38 AM
(19-01-2016 03:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh fuck! I'm on a pension dude! Smile

Well I would be homeless if I would buy every book that catch my interest, but after all there is only one good knowledge, and only one evil ignorance.

Only one? Smile

Banjo.
19-01-2016, 03:40 AM
(19-01-2016 03:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Well I would be homeless if I would buy every book that catch my interest, but after all there is only one good knowledge, and only one evil ignorance.

Only one? Smile

Socrates said so. Who am I to dispute with such giant? Wink

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-01-2016, 03:44 AM
(19-01-2016 03:40 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Only one? Smile

Socrates said so. Who am I to dispute with such giant? Wink

I'm fatter! Wink

Banjo.
19-01-2016, 04:48 AM
(19-01-2016 03:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 03:40 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Socrates said so. Who am I to dispute with such giant? Wink

I'm fatter! Wink

I'm afraid that Socrates greatness was measured by something other than his weight Wink.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-01-2016, 05:07 AM
Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More